RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

"Nick" in Hillmann's "Training the Retriever Puppy" DVD

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Chris Atkinson 
#1 ·
Mostly, I was wondering if anyone would know how old the puppy was when Bill started working him. But also, I'm curious about what might have become of "Nick". Does anyone happen to know where he went and what he's done?

My new pup was born on 29 October and she is waaaaay too young physically and mentally to be as ready as Nick was in the videos. (For one thing, her little neck wouldn't hold an e-collar. If she had one on she'd tip over onto her nose she'd be so front-heavy.) She has a baby-attention span.

Nevertheless... I wanted to know when to expect her to be ready for the Hillmann protocol.

#4 ·
Look at the credits at the end of the video. It gives the details about Nick's timeline.

#8 ·
Nick died of blastomeosis last fall. He was all age qualified at 3 and earned 15 derby points while competing against "Punch" in every derby he ran. he did win two derbies. Nick was an easy going dog who was trained by Bill through his derby career. Brick Hjalik finished his training and ran him in all age trials. He just died too young. I still miss him. Steve Becker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.