The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New England judge avaliable

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Default New England judge avaliable

Alright all you New Englanders, I am up here for the next year or two and would love to get involved with the dog folks up here. I don't currently have a dog I am running, only two retired dogs. I am getting a puppy soon but won't be running it until next year at best.
    In the mean time I am an 8 point Master judge (as of Jan 23) and would me more than happy to take on some judging assignments.
    I am in NH but still show up under Florida in the judges search for some reason.
    Last edited by badbullgator; 12-27-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Alright all you New Englanders, I am up here for the next year or two and would love to get involved with the dog folks up here. I don't currently have a dog I am running, only two retired dogs. I am getting a puppy soon but won't be running it until next year at best.
    In the mean time I am an 8 point Master judge (as of Jan 23) and would me more than happy to take on some judging assignments.
    I am in NH but still show up under Florida in the judges search for some reason.
    To change your address, AKC has a special form to fill out. An address change form.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    To change your address, AKC has a special form to fill out. An address change form.
    I already did when I sent I. My judges test. I guess they haven't changed it on the website yet.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

So... how does one get started to become judge?

Quote Originally Posted by brdhunter View Post
    Reading the rule book is a good start. http://images.akc.org/pdf/rulebooks/RHTRET.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by brdhunter View Post
    You must also take the AKC judges seminar, Apprentice at all levels you wish to judge and the levels below. For instance if you wish to judge master you must first judge junior and senior. Senior only requires junior, etc.
    Home of CH Shallcross Lake's Chaamp MH RA WDQ CGC
    Shallcross Lake's Little Rascal MH
    Shallcross Lake's Delaware Diva JH
    Four Star Molly MH
    Bob Louie

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    Or you can just email them at the address on the judges directory.
    Bill Davis

Senior Member drakedogwaterfowl's Avatar

When I moved, I called and left a message with my new address. It was changed in a day or two.
    Drakedogwaterfowl

HRCH Sutton's Mallard Lake Drake MH "Drake"
    Bear Country's High Flyer "Piper"

Quote Originally Posted by Pupknuckle View Post
    You must also take the AKC judges seminar, Apprentice at all levels you wish to judge and the levels below. For instance if you wish to judge master you must first judge junior and senior. Senior only requires junior, etc.
    Actually, for eligibility to judge at any level you have to attend the "Seminar for Judges and Handlers" and have successfully apprenticed at the level being judged or higher. That means that if you want to judge at the Master level, you just have to apprentice at that level.

You must also take the AKC most judges conference, Newbie at all stages you wish to assess and the stages below. For example if you wish to assess expert you must first assess younger and mature. Senior only needs younger, etc.

3.1 Phillip Lim