RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Best training videos?

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  polmaise 
#1 ·
I want to get sum good videos to help me train my lab puppy to be a good duck dog. Any advice would be appeiciated.

#2 ·
I don't know if there is a best but there are lots of good ones. Search under Jackie Mertens, Bill Hillman, Evan Graham, Mike Lardy, Rick S., etc.

#6 ·
Today's available training material is mind boggling compared to what was readily available a few decades ago.

There is no good way to tell an individual what is "the best". Different end-uses, different price-points, different presentation and writing styles, and different individual learning preferences all can factor into what's "best" for someone.

This site has sponsors across the top rows of banners with excellent information. This site has had past sponsors with great material. This site has participants with material from which many seem to gain benefit.

I totally concur with the suggestions that you find local experienced club members, amateurs or professionals with whom to also gain some live experience.

Good luck. Be careful, it can consume you!

Chris

#7 ·
+ 1 and an add to the post that Chris made.
The 'Best' video to help you train your dog to the level you want is the video you make of you and your dog! It ain't gonna be any good for anyone else ,but invaluable to you!
This dog may not be the 'best' ! But I bet the next one will be! Most of the good guy's on here have had more than 1 dog .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.