The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Force Fetch sensitive gums?

  1. #61
    Senior Member Marissa E.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogs4life View Post
    posted a pic for you
    Yup, those teeth look fine really. :/ odd.

    Marissa Everett

    Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

  2. #62
    Senior Member mitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    How is your dog doing? Is he feeling better, have the antibiotics made a difference?
    Renee P

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    How is your dog doing? Is he feeling better, have the antibiotics made a difference?
    Well early into the antibiotics I threw him 1 fun bumper. Gums almost starting bleeding. Now we're almost done with the antibiotics. I've been working on some obedience and some fun bumpers and very little marking with some paint rollers. He does great with those so far. No bleeding, no hurting, and he holds them and doesn't drop them. So, I think the antibiotics are making a difference, his gums don't look as red anymore either. I think when we go back to forcing to pile I'm going to use paint rollers in the beginning and slowly move my way back to bumpers and see how he does.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    Thanks for the update. I hope you got the right diagnosis and have no more problems!
    I sure hope so too. Do you agree with me on using paint rollers when going back to forcing to pile and then slowly adding in more bumpers until we are using bumpers again just to see if we run into any problems?

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    130

    Default

    One additional thought for you... when humans get gingivitis, it can be transferred from person to person to a degree, like from parent to child using the same eating utensils. Docs/dentistss recommend not sharing utensils now. It's a bacteria. Maybe it would be a good idea to sterilize the old bumpers just in case in this situation, since your dog has had this problem before. Kids toys and eating utensils can be sterilized with a mild bleach solution....it's a soak for a certain amount of time and then thorough rinse. might be worth trying just in case?

  6. #66
    Senior Member 2tall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    8,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogs4life View Post
    I really hope so too. Thank you.

    He said something about getting teeth cleaned if we need too. All he said was no training for 10 days until he's done with medicine. Try to brush his teeth and give him some dental treats and bones or chew toys. The antibiotics should get rid o any disease or infection he said. Nothing about switching dog food. BUT that is my question for you guys. This never happened until I switched to pro plan. Would that have anything to do with it? A litter after the switch is when it all started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogs4life View Post
    Well early into the antibiotics I threw him 1 fun bumper. Gums almost starting bleeding. Now we're almost done with the antibiotics. I've been working on some obedience and some fun bumpers and very little marking with some paint rollers. He does great with those so far. No bleeding, no hurting, and he holds them and doesn't drop them. So, I think the antibiotics are making a difference, his gums don't look as red anymore either. I think when we go back to forcing to pile I'm going to use paint rollers in the beginning and slowly move my way back to bumpers and see how he does.
    You do not seem to take advice to heart. How do you justify ignoring the vet's advice?
    Last edited by 2tall; 01-08-2014 at 01:32 PM.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    You do not seem to take advice to heart. How do you justify ignoring the vet's advice?
    I don't think it will hurt working on some obedience. He has one day of antibiotics left, I figured some fun bumpers with paint rollers wouldn't hurt him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •