The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Canine Lymphosarcoma questions

Default Canine Lymphosarcoma questions

hey folks, my 11 yof was dx with lymphoscarcoma last night. i had been watching an area of swelling to the right side of her face for last few days and then last night after we got home from the field, her lymph nodes in her neck were severely swollen. no airway compromise right now. got some steroids and antibiotics but going to her our primary vet in the am. was told anywhere from 1-3 months to live. just wondering about any experiences you all might have had and recommendations for treatment. primary concern is comfort measures i think right now. thanks
    Donny

I had a schnauzer diagnosed with it. She had a fast growing lump on her neck which we had removed. I didn't do chemo just let her live a happy life, she lived a year after the surgery.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

saw the primary vet today. only abnormal lab was slightly elevated wbc at 13. chest xray didnt show any metz. he didn't act like he wanted to say that it was lymphosarcoma without doing a biopsy. she is on two differnet antibiotics right now with follow up cbc next wk to check her white count. what are the odds of this just being a systemic infection vs the cancer with the swollen mandibular, popliteal and prescapular lymph nodes? he mentioned about her having some bad teeth, would that cause systemic lymph node swelling? after follow up next wk, we will discuss further options. he did mention about the madison university chemo tx, chop, lomustine, palladia, and otc reishi mushrooms. any experience with any of these? any vet advice is appreciated... thanks

Does she have an infection going on with her teeth? That might cause the Lymph nodes to swell if there is infection. Just like when we get a cold, the ones in our neck enlarge. Good luck and keep us posted!
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    Embers Aint Misbehavin - Flirt (Corona's mini me)

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

About 15 years ago I had a 18 month old die within 2 weeks of symptoms. Bloody diarrhea and vomiting were the first signs. Blood work, CT scan and multiple site biopsies(all positive) confirmed the diagnosis. Spleen, liver and bone marrow involvement. One chemo treatment was given but it was too late. A nasty disease.
    Good luck.

Tim
    You order a Lab; ask a Golden; but negotiate with a Chesapeake!

she does have one infected tooth. we discussed about a dozen other options other than the cancer but i think we both agree that's probably what it is. she has been afebrile. eating and drinking ok. no issues with urination or bowels. no vomiting. lungs clear. heart sounds weren't muffled yesterday. no change in activity. just an old girl with arthritis

My friend has a ruckus pup, about a year old who had these symptoms. She immediately thought cancer because of the location. And she is a flat coat owner typically. $8k later at the university of Illinois..... Grass awn.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com