The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 502

Thread: WILL NOT SEAT ON A DUCK

  1. #471
    Senior Member dgengr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom. P. View Post
    Tread lightly Newbies.
    Soon they will send you for a sack of left-handed bumpers!

    They got those on sale at gundogsupply today...... Im right handed so i have no use for them...

  2. #472
    Senior Member Jason Glavich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    woodbridge,VA
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rotcsig443 View Post
    Are you talking about not breaking when a real duck is thrown or shot? If thats the case then thats just simple obedience training. Don's simply just tell him no, actually reinforce the command. Physically bring him back to the EXACT spot he was a sit, and YOU go pick up the bird. DO NOT SEND HIM AFTER IT. Sounds like you need to begin utilizing denials while training, and not letting him pick up every bird. Only let him pick up a mark when he performs near flawless in his obedience(no whining, creeping, etc.), and if he breaks, bring him back to the spot he broke from, and make him watch YOU as you go pick up the mark yourself (no matter how far the mark had been thrown). He will soon figure out that unless he performs as expected, he will not get the pleasure of picking up a mark. A check cord and good metal choker chain can also be useful in this training as well.
    Oddly I do not think the real question was every clarified or addressed. Gooser jumped on making fun less than 1 hour after the first post and it continued in this great comedic spiral.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

    ~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

  3. #473
    Senior Member msdaisey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Delmarvalous Peninsula
    Posts
    833

    Default

    OMG! It's alive - made my day!
    What you get out of it is what you put into it, then a fat lady sings.
    Marc Broussard

  4. #474
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rotcsig443 View Post
    Are you talking about not breaking when a real duck is thrown or shot? If thats the case then thats just simple obedience training. Don's simply just tell him no, actually reinforce the command. Physically bring him back to the EXACT spot he was a sit, and YOU go pick up the bird. DO NOT SEND HIM AFTER IT. Sounds like you need to begin utilizing denials while training, and not letting him pick up every bird. Only let him pick up a mark when he performs near flawless in his obedience(no whining, creeping, etc.), and if he breaks, bring him back to the spot he broke from, and make him watch YOU as you go pick up the mark yourself (no matter how far the mark had been thrown). He will soon figure out that unless he performs as expected, he will not get the pleasure of picking up a mark. A check cord and good metal choker chain can also be useful in this training as well.
    Seriously,,,,

    What is wrong with you??

    Very clear you aint followin a program,, and you musta skipped the seat reamin step..

    You new bees should just readbefore you give yer silly advice..

    I mean really,, whats wrong with you??



    Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  5. #475
    Senior Member Mike Tome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brunswick, MD
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    They just don't realize there's a difference between seatin' and sittin'....
    Mike Tome
    Duckdog's Fast Autofocus
    GMHRCH-III WR North Star's Deuce of Diamonds

    MHR WR Pondview's Bar None 1994-2006

    Duckdogphotography.smugmug.com


  6. #476
    Senior Member mitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Seriously,,,,

    What is wrong with you??

    Very clear you aint followin a program,, and you musta skipped the seat reamin step..

    You new bees should just readbefore you give yer silly advice..

    I mean really,, whats wrong with you??



    Gooser
    Geez Gooser and to think you called ME snitty! Whose the snitty one now???

    Last edited by mitty; 04-12-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    Renee P

  7. #477
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    Geez Gooser and to think you called ME snitty! Whose the snitty one now???

    Sorry,
    Started hangin out with elitist field trailers. Guess some of its starting to rub off.
    i appologise fer bein snitty to the NB, but clearly he is an idiot.)"
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  8. #478
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,207

    Default

    Many of us here are very proud that RTF provides a Ton of off the cuff baseless training advice. That's what makes this asylum so much fun! Especially on alien recognition Friday.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  9. #479
    Senior Member mitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Sorry,
    Started hangin out with elitist field trailers. Guess some of its starting to rub off.
    i appologise fer bein snitty to the NB, but clearly he is an idiot.)"
    Seems like them snooty field trialers have changed you into one of them Noose Goosers, the way yer hangin Newbs out to dry.

    Renee P

  10. #480
    Senior Member Duckquilizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mid-TN
    Posts
    922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    Seems like them snooty field trialers have changed you into one of them Noose Goosers, the way yer hangin Newbs out to dry.

    At least she didn't call you a Goober Gooser ..
    Kendall Layne

    HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

    Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

Similar Threads

  1. Seat cover question
    By achiro in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 03:59 PM
  2. Open Senate seat
    By Ron Beck in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 02:11 PM
  3. seat covers
    By wareagle in forum Product Review
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 07:22 PM
  4. seat covers
    By cvan in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 05:14 PM
  5. Traning Question - Dog won't Seat on Duck
    By bmontang in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 11:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •