The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: WILL NOT SEAT ON A DUCK

Has anyone tried one of these seats out? Cabelas Camo Bench Seat 61" Large Ducks Unlimited. Thought it might overwhelm my young dog being such a large seat. My older male is quite good at seating geese (see avatar).

Quote Originally Posted by bandcollector
    Has anyone tried one of these seats out? Cabelas Camo Bench Seat 61" Large Ducks Unlimited. Thought it might overwhelm my young dog being such a large seat. My older male is quite good at seating geese (see avatar).

WAIT JUST A DAYUM MINUTE HERE!!! Thet avatar has nothing to do with "seating"! "Reaming", yea, but that's it.

But then, it's touching to see no less an authority than MG...the 'BLIND' MG... leading the chorus on this training session. Brings an entirely new meaning to the phrase: "the blind leading the lame". :P hehhehhehheh

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote:

the blind leading the lame".

The story of my life!!!!!

Bill you should have seen me this past week standing waist deep in stinky water, Butt neked, with a garden rake in my hand, raking the bottom of a Duck slough!!

Still no Glasses!!

Do metal detectors work under water???

Next plan is a Snorkel and mask!!

Then if i still dont find em, then it's a trip to Carpenter and Olsens house (the ones who told me to swim) with my collection of SEAT REAMERS!!!!

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser
    Bill you should have seen me this past week standing waist deep in stinky water, Butt neked, with a garden rake in my hand, raking the bottom of a Duck slough!!
    Gooser

Will you be posting pictures???

And, have you considered maybe you should just bite the bullet and get new glasses?

I cant believe someone wants pictures of this!!

Let me tell you, It wasnt a pretty sight!!

It wouldnt have happened if I hadnt recieved such expert advice from "KNOWEGABLE" dog people.

They have very strange ideas of how not to teach a dog to cheat the water, or develope undesirable habits on the return.

Its a very uneasy feeling, when you dive head first into the water, and feel you head burried in mud up to your ears!!!

Really strange when you surface and see your dog has already made it back to shore, sitting there with the bird in its mouth waiting for you, along with the "TRAINING ADVISORS" JUDGING the score on your water entry!!

This advice came from a guy who has a 1500 point dog, along with his "side kick", who has one of those two yr old Prodegys (sp).

Anyway,,,, Does a metal detector work under water???

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Chris
    Great news! I, being of limited mechanical skills, was able to seat an entire batch of ducks last night. Now I have to tell you it did take until the wee hours of the morning to get er done, but if you follow all the helpful advice given here you cannot go wrong. Just a couple of notes to help you out. I found the duck crimper was just about useless. The duck tape stuck mostly to my dogs (all have only one mouth, so yours with 9 mouths may have more success freeing them selves from the tape). I would suggest that you do take the extra effort and make sure the ducks are well flattened using the above mentioned flatteners. I found my flattener on e-bay, but you might fine something suitable at your local Home Depot.
    Now that I have an entire batch of seated ducks I will begin working on getting the dogs to sit on the seated ducks. My big boy is not going to like it because most of the duck bills are pointing up and he is going to take at least a high 6 to get him to sit on one.

I looked over the other post Chris has made and I think I know why he is having so many problems with the simple task of seating ducks

[quote]I AM LOOKING FOR A CD RUM TRAINING LABS CAN SOME ONE GIVE ME A SIT O FIND ONE [quote]

I think he might mean CM = Capt Morgan Rum, but I think you can see the problem. You can also clearly see that he has a Sit problem from this post as well. I know when I drink this stuff I don't worry about sitting. Most of the time I simply end up laying down.
    Do you think we have chased Chris off or do you think he has changed is screen name?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I just have one question..... HAS THE DOG BEEN FORCE SEATED? OR FORCE TO SEAT? go back and revisit.

WAH - I thunked I had bad englis!
    Quote = "Maybe the "nice and helpful" don't know enough to know the original poster is an idiot." Achiro_Jan. 09

I don't own a dog. I'm a cat person. I'm only here for the GDG!
    Formerly known as WAH, W, Dubya & Dubaya

I really hate to mention this, but by looking at his last name I think that Chris might be a Frenchman.

Given this, it would explain his language skills and his not returning to the battle.
    He's got a little Mississippi Leg-Hound in him. Once he starts though, it's best to just let him finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Heath
    I really hate to mention this, but by looking at his last name I think that Chris might be a Frenchman.

Given this, it would explain his language skills and his not returning to the battle.
    Nope I think you are wrong...HERE is the link

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
    When it quits being fun...we retire!

Nancy Neipert with
    Skeeter, my avatar (Deepwoods Off and Fly'n High, MH, MNH, MN09,10, 11.
    Gypsy (Windigo Deja Voodoo Gypsy Pearl, D List, QAA, MH) MN10 & to MD11
    Mary (Stellars Proud Mary) first Lean Mac dog
    Ted (Deepwoods Spirit of the Wild), now the baby & Suzie's grandson...
    Suzie (Watermarks Slough Foot Sue, MH, 2000-2011 - Farewell dear companion)

ROFLMAO

I ask this at the risk of having this thread locked. Was anyone really suprized that all the passengers were able to get of the Air France plane that crashed. I mean running away is something the french are great at!
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke