The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True or False ?

Default True or False ?

The below statement from Fox News' second largest stock holder.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6072054AAIAuqE
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The below statement from Fox News' second largest stock holder.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6072054AAIAuqE
    This report is suspect because it was not from Fox news, Breitbart, the daily caller, newsmax, theamericanthinker, or one of the other few legitimate sources for news.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    This report is suspect because it was not from Fox news, Breitbart, the daily caller, newsmax, theamericanthinker, or one of the other few legitimate sources for news.
    Yep, a blogger known as "The Short Answer Fairy" is who you guys hang your hats on!!!

That's REAL news!!!!!!!!

Nice job of picking subjects with no real answer but plenty of controversy. Let's see…..he has 20 Billion and is the #26 richest man in the world owning KHC which in turn owns a 7% share of News Corp (Rupert Murdoch) which is the parent company of FOX. KHC is also an investor in/owner of shares in/fingers on Time Warner, Disney, ABC, ESPN, Twitter…….the list goes on. All of these Billionaires are well diversified and have their fingers on every facet of our lives……heck…..ASU has not been able to beat Oregon in FB since Phil Knight made the Forbes list. Even the 'Oracle of Omaha'/Berkshire Hathaway doesn't have all his eggs in the Obama Basket…

Not a well constructed answer……but neither will the pages to follow with all the 'yeah but's' about to appear……..
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Jeesh…..I miss Yardley…….at least he made some attempt at substance.

EDIT: Let me correct that……he always made an attempt at substance.
    Last edited by dback; 12-30-2013 at 08:03 AM.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    Nice job of picking subjects with no real answer but plenty of controversy. Let's see…..he has 20 Billion and is the #26 richest man in the world owning KHC which in turn owns a 7% share of News Corp (Rupert Murdoch) which is the parent company of FOX. KHC is also an investor in/owner of shares in/fingers on Time Warner, Disney, ABC, ESPN, Twitter…….the list goes on. All of these Billionaires are well diversified and have their fingers on every facet of our lives……heck…..ASU has not been able to beat Oregon in FB since Phil Knight made the Forbes list. Even the 'Oracle of Omaha'/Berkshire Hathaway doesn't have all his eggs in the Obama Basket…

Not a well constructed answer……but neither will the pages to follow with all the 'yeah but's' about to appear……..
    Well, I think you answered the question. The subject went viral over the weekend and I was searching for the authenticity of the Prince's comments. FYI, the Saudi's are also the largest investors of many of our formerly owned oil companies like Shell.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

My guess is, if the guy owned 7% of MSNBC, most of the Faux apologists would be having conniption fits.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Well, I think you answered the question. The subject went viral over the weekend and I was searching for the authenticity of the Prince's comments. FYI, the Saudi's are also the largest investors of many of our formerly owned oil companies like Shell.
    Shell Oil's official name is Royal Dutch Shell plc. It is chartered in the UK and HQ'd in the Netherlands. It has a spotty record regarding human rights, environmental pollution, bribery and infiltration of government. They ain't nice folks.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 12-30-2013 at 08:54 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    My guess is, if the guy owned 7% of MSNBC, most of the Faux apologists would be having conniption fits.
    Probably……..and if one was willing to invest the time, I'm sure you'd find equally disturbing ownerships in every aspect of our lives…..but….why bother if it doesn't support our agenda, right Buzz.

Now kind of on the same topic. Vermont Pubic Radio is on the pre-set of the pick up truck. I very much enjoy that witty word show they have on Sundays and the weather forecast is the best of my pre-sets. For the longest time I thought the on the hour weather report was sponsored by a lingerie store. Then when I herd it correctly the first time I said to myself “Self, he didn’t say Al’s Braziers, he said al – jazeer!” ??????
    Why is the mouthpiece of terror targeting me in the truck to advertise to?
    Why do terrorist want me to know if the roads are icy?

Franco, how do radio adds work? You think it is a national or local spot?
    And as for the billionaire in the OP. He very well may own a slice of msnbc.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin