The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Bay Here We Come GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shih View Post
    Decided that I needed to experience a playoff game at Lambeau field. To my surprise, my wife (an Arizona Native) wanted to go. Got four tickets at the 50 yard line, 25 rows up.
    Ted, great move, wish I could play my "owner's card" and get you into the luxury boxes but hey, my ownership only entails one share of Packers' stock and thus there ain't no owners' luxury boxes. Still, it entitles (as in Titletown, USA) us owners to a free grand tour of Lambeau annually and discounted "owners' clothing." And last but not least we have the privilege, even from afar, of watching the worst defense in the NFL the last five years doing their best to lay down for every opponent that comes to the Frozen Tundra.

Hey, maybe in your honor, it'll be a different story against the 'Niners this week, but not even we diehard cheeseheads

are counting on it. (Thus the playoff ticket availability for a team whose season-ticket wait list stretches to, oh, about 2066.)

MG

My wife getting rooms at motel within walking distance of stadium, so parking not an issue
    Headed off tomorrow to get foot warmers, have most other clothing
    Meeting Pete Hayes for lunch before the game

Understand I need to visit the Packer Hall of Fame
    Other recommendations?
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    Ted, great move, wish I could play my "owner's card" and get you into the luxury boxes but hey, my ownership only entails one share of Packers' stock and thus there ain't no owners' luxury boxes. Still, it entitles (as in Titletown, USA) us owners to a free grand tour of Lambeau annually and discounted "owners' clothing." And last but not least we have the privilege, even from afar, of watching the worst defense in the NFL the last five years doing their best to lay down for every opponent that comes to the Frozen Tundra.

Hey, maybe in your honor, it'll be a different story against the 'Niners this week, but not even we diehard cheeseheads

are counting on it. (Thus the playoff ticket availability for a team whose season-ticket wait list stretches to, oh, about 2066.)

MG

Have always hated the 49'ers. Always rooted for Packers - except when they played the Broncos. So, will be rooting for the Pack like crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Home of:

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shih View Post
    Understand I need to visit the Packer Hall of Fame
    Other recommendations?
    Yes, if you're rooting for the Pack, be sure to make a novena to and say kaddish for both Buckets Goldenberg and St. Vincent Lombardi before kickoff.

MG

Also: Tell my man Eddie Lacy it's ok at this late date to do the football version of the Escalon shuffle - his patented spin move - if his gimpy ankle will allow it.

MG

It would be cowardly to not buy and wear one of those stupid looking foam cheese heads...

Have fun and have a beer and brats.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    It would be cowardly to not buy and wear one of those stupid looking foam cheese heads...
    Yeah, Ted, don't be cowardly - though in deference to our alleged defense, you probably want to buy a cheesecake head instead...

MG

WTG Ted and Mrs. Ted!!

Head - hands - feet: maximum protection. I can't emphasize enough the importance of those little "hot hands" packets. Use in gloves and also your boots, but NOT next to your bare feet once you've strapped on your boots. Those little buggers get mighty hot. Sock liners are a good idea.

You'll see plenty of snowmobile suits and heavy winter hunting gear in the crowd. I always wear a polarfleece neck gaitor - big enough to pull up over my nose and cheeks. And it's the only time I ever wear a wool hat, pulled down over a fleece headband/earband.

Your an avid snowboarder, IIRC, so just dress as if your going to do that in a very cold place....and have to stand around rather than hit the board!

Lambeau seats are essentially one long bench. So unless you're sitting on the aisle, you'll be sardined in pretty tightly. That has some insulating value as well You'll be on your feet a lot, hopefully, so that helps generate heat. As someone mentioned, going into the atrium is a good place to retreat for warming up.

Are you flying into Green Bay? When do you get in and how much time do you have to sight-see? Hall of Fame is a must and the Packer Pro Shop inside the atrium has any number of green/gold goodies for purchase.

Check the Packer website on how early you can get there and what the security regulations are. I have always brought a fanny pack in the past but I'm not sure what's allowed in now.

Park your car in the neighborhoods right there at the stadium.

I have all of my old snowboarding gear
    - Great Jacket
    - Fleece Underwear tops and bottoms
    - Fleece Neck Gaiter
    - Under Amour Top
    - Down Vest
    - Gore Tex Overalls
    - Wool socks
    - Thinsulate Boots

Bought my wife

- Fleece Underwear - tops and bottoms
    - Fleece Neck Gaiter
    - Under Amour Top
    - Wool socks
    She has down vest, jacket, pants

Off to get boot and hand warmer packets

We're going to be cold, but enjoying the whole experience

Home of:

I attended a Monday night game there against the Ravens a couple of years ago with similar temperatures. You will love it. A foam pad to sit on goes a long way to staying warm. Enjoy the cheese curds at Curly's.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.