The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Bay Here We Come GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    news guys say you may be blacked out if the tickets do not all sell.
    no TV game for you
    Apparently Green Bay is not the rabid football town that we have been led to believe

Have you not seen the weather report for the game? - if "rabid" means you exuberantly submit to life-threatening low temperatures (predicted -6 to -10F at game-time), yes maybe there's some rabidness (rabidity?) lacking.

Last GB game I attended away from Lambeau was the coldest day in NYC in 25 years, and I left at halftime - not least because of a 21-3 score with the Packers on the short end to the NY Sack Exchange. Rabidity (rabidness?) has it limits...

Plus there's the somber reality that the Pack ain't exactly proved themselves as a cold weather team in the new century.

MG

The '67 Ice Bowl (-13) was well attended, maybe the faithful have become soft?

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    ...... maybe the faithful have become soft?
    the news bit I saw said they became poor.
    said the locals in the area do not have the disposable $$$ any longer.
    said they have 8000 + to sell yet.
    It is all Obama's fault, they said.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    .....Little Miss Muffet sat on her tuffet eating her Curds & whey - whey being liquid .

so whats in the bowl ____ ?
    asked the dice man!

ah, but for real do folks eat these with a splash of whey?
    or
    what is curds and whey please?

or was Muffet a power lifter? Those guys snack on whey all the time!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Soldiers Field would have been a better place to visit, I eat cheese curds and go 49ners!
    Earl Dillow

Farmers have the whey sprayed on the fields by tanker trucks with a big sprinkler type deal on it. Good for the crops. Radio station said this AM that could be -40 to -50 with the wind chill at game time. Sometimes I think they pad the temp to make it sound colder than it will be. Anyways a lot of folks around here do say it is a $ issue. Nobody thought they would make it so they didn't budget for it. Have no fear it won't be blacked out. I hope no one needs to get me some crow.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Apparently Green Bay is not the rabid football town that we have been led to believe
    Kind of what I was thinking.
    You used to have to be on a waiting list years long to get tickets. Has Packer Passion Pooped out?

Quote Originally Posted by Denver View Post
    The squeak tells you how fresh they are, but when you talk about Cheese Curds, 90% of the time their talking about the deep fried ones. They taste nothing like the fresh ones.
    I am not sure how I feel about the squeaky ones, but was introduced to the fried ones at Buzz's in Mondovi this past summer and became a big fan.

The waiting list is for season tickets....the only way those ever seem to come available is if somebody dies and the next of kin gives up the tickets.

I think part of the ticket issue has to do with the 7500 or so extra seats they added recently....before that, this game would have been sold out.

I seriously considered going to Lambeau for the game, and would have, had it been a noon game instead of 3:30. I'm not a big fan of a two and a half hour drive home, after dark in sub-zero weather, plus I'd need to find some brave soul to feed and air a bunch of dogs. A noon game would have made it a possibility.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith