The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thunder Equipment Launchers

Default Thunder Equipment Launchers

I just got a Thunder 500 launcher and just wanted to say that if you have been debating about getting one, pull the trigger! I am very impressed with all facets of the unit including durability, height and distance of throw and sound. I have seen a level of excitement in the dogs that I just didn't see with wingers and primers. Very impressed.

I will second the above. I got two THunder 200s and love them

I just installed the 7th can of mapp gas in both of my Thunder 1000's. At approx 600 shots per can, I have over 3,600 shots through them. Still going strong! Thank you Doug and Danielle - Thunder Equipment.
    Tim McGarry Jr
    AKC Retriever Hunt Test Judge # 95104

[QUOTE=Tony Marshall;1174879]I just got a Thunder 500 launcher and just wanted to say that if you have been debating about getting one, pull the trigger! I am very impressed with all facets of the unit including durability, height and distance of throw and sound. I have seen a level of excitement in the dogs that I just didn't see with wingers and primers. Very impressed.[/QUOTE

Has anyone had experience setting the cam timing on a Thunder 200 launcher? I have tried using their instructions with no success. There must be something I just do not get. Any suggestions?

Has anyone had experience setting the cam timing on a Thunder 200 launcher? I have tried using their instructions with no success. There must be something I just do not get. Any suggestions?

I've tinkered with a 500 and adjusted it (it fell off the back of a truck and needed some attention). I called Doug and he talked me through it - I'd suggest doing the same. In the 500 there was an adjustment to a metal band required. It needed to be either made to have more tension or less tension depending on what was going on. Not sure if the 200 is set up the same way. Also, if the batteries are dying the timing will be off in my 500.

As for their effectiveness - I think they make for a very exciting mark for the dog.

I just found someone in my area who has a Thunder 200 launcher. I took mine to him and within a few minutes he showed me how to set my timer. Works great now. I think I will be able to do it next time it needs it. Thanks.

Its all in the relationship of cam and micro switch......
    Jim Weitzel
    Proud member of Ole Roy prostaff

Did you buy one yet? I am looking into the 200 and also want to buy the 100. Post up a review of it when you get it running good.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosklr View Post
    Did you buy one yet? I am looking into the 200 and also want to buy the 100. Post up a review of it when you get it running good.
    I've got two of them. I think the problem that I had in the beginning was not an inferior product, but the lack of information about adjustments. Since I worked them out, they are working great. I suggest you buy one...

How are the throws with them? Are they like Bumper boys and they shoot so fast its hard for a dog to mark them at a distance? I have two wingers right now and I'm unsure if I should get another winger or a thunder launcher.