The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lodging options for Giddings, TX.

Lake Bastrop has rv parks and is about 25 miles from Giddings. Another option is Lake Somerville (about 30 miles)....there are a couple of places to park your trailer there as well. Bastrop certainly has far more to offer in terms of scenery, eating options, and leisure time.

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    NOT America's Best Value Inn!
    And why not? It has all I ever need. But the Ramada is probably better suited to the OP's extended stay and it has a large parking lot. I for sure wouldn't stay at the Knights Inn, it's right next to the railroad tracks. Bastrop has some nice places too but depends on who he's training with on what might be closer.
    Last edited by Brad B; 01-06-2014 at 07:27 PM.

The Best Western in La Grange is very nice. There is a La Quinta in Brenham, also.
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

The new Best Western in Giddings. New and clean. Next to McDonald's and WalMart.

Thanks for the replies. Going to try the executive inn. It used to be the super 8. Really just need a decent place to sleep. It is $55 per night and includes a continental breakfast.

Senior Member Sharon van der Lee's Avatar

"If" you were going to bring a trailer, Roger Fuller has some pads on various properties around the area with full hookups. I agree on the negative reviews of America's Best Value Inn. Best Western does not allow dogs in their rooms. Not sure about Executive Inn, it doesn't get great reviews on Trip Adviser. Ramada, so so. We are coming down for a week in February, know the area fairly well. We feel the best bet is to stay in Bastrop at Comfort Suites. Their rooms are awesome, they allow pets. $75 a night and well worth it, closer to better restaurants, grocery stores, etc. I stayed there for one night last year before getting an early flight to Austin the next day and was thoroughly impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Check La Grange a fairly good Best Western or comparable there
    ...and there used to be a Chicken Ranch that you could stay at for part of the night.
    "When a man is proud of his dog and shows it, I like him. When his dog is proud of him and shows it, I deeply respect him. Gene Hill

Quote Originally Posted by TexGold View Post
    ...and there used to be a Chicken Ranch that you could stay at for part of the night.
    That was just outside La Grange.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

Lost Pines Resort Bastrop. Pricy but we'll worth it for one night. Great food, bars and dog friendly. Bring your clubs too.i
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth