The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Upset with Tritronics

Shane, If you are knowegable about a Garmin replacement to the TT pro control transmitters, why doesn't the customer service reps know also? They are the first point of contact with the customers. Also apparently the major retailers don't know what's going on either.

Sounds like a communication issue to me.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    Shane, If you are knowegable about a Garmin replacement to the TT pro control transmitters, why doesn't the customer service reps know also? They are the first point of contact with the customers. Also apparently the major retailers don't know what's going on either.

Sounds like a communication issue to me.
    Yeah can't tell ya - not that I don't want to I just don't know...

My guy told me they were releasing a new version of the PC TX in the spring and weren't messin with the pro/tube style (flyway etc)

It is very reasonable to me to believe that they discontinued that "sport" form factor so the PC TX would also go away - therefore it's pretty reasonable (again to me) to assume we'll have the new PC TX in something similar to the Delta transmitter - of course this is speculation but it's reasonable to me...

But what do I know...been trying to get them to build a foot pedestal for 6+ years and how about a quack option please - I digress...

SMO
    SMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Olean View Post

But what do I know...been trying to get them to build a foot pedestal for 6+ years and how about a quack option please - I digress...

SMO
    I can live without the quack--beep does the same thing--but Shane you need to give up on the foot pedestal. That is soooo 6+ years ago. Start them working on voice activated instead. That would be really helpful.

From the information we have received, and continue to receive from Garmin, the TT legacy collars (field / pro series) will continue. The only collar change was to be from the sport series to the delta series.

In speaking to customer service yesterday, I brought up the question of the pro control and current availability. From what I gathered customer service is not saying too much as it sounds as if there may be a new product announcement at next week's SHOT show.
    Last edited by The Snows; 01-10-2014 at 06:06 AM.
    www.dakotacreekretrievers.com

Online store - http://store.dakotacreekretrievers.com
    Find us on facebook!

GMHR-III Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    MHR Pine Acre's Dakota Sand Creek SH WCI
    Dakota Creek's Royal Gem
    Dakota Creek's Long Shot
    Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    I really hope the TT guys are passing these comments along. You all know they emailed Chris complaining about the influential thread? They complained that I wrote all you need to do is sign up and you get discounts and free stuff. This generated a ton of traffic on their website and I assume they weren't sure how they were going to turn folks down who they didn't feel we're qualified. So, I got the janitor phone call for the trouble and traffic I caused on their website.

Funniest part, I live at a kennel and all I've ever recommended to folks who ask is TT. Make matters even more humorous, they unfriended me on their Facebook page. Pretty interesting. I still use and will recommend the old collars. It's a great product. Funny I feel some sort of blame when I've never even complained about their collar products or service. Seems the IC's are doing plenty of that.

Anyways, I do know one thing, Garmin GPS units aren't made to last like a TT system and their Marine line of products is not favored or popular with anyone I know in the boating industry. (My neighbor ran Bayliner and Seaswirl and my buddy runs a high end marine install/repair shop)

If the Pro series goes and changes drastically I predict they'll go the same route as the other off brand collars and lose the 30+year loyal customers and many Pros. I saw one prominent Pro posted on FB he switched to Dogtra after 20 years of being with TT. I'm sure with these even perceived changes have Dogtra licking their lips.
    Here's what's ironic Paul. Just last night, I forwarded the email of an RTF member asking me respectfully to see if I can get some sort of indication or intention from TriTronics for what the future holds for the Pro Series collars. I will send a follow up note based upon what you wrote above.

Frankly, Paul, I am less motivated to spend my efforts to try to garner meaningful information for RTF from TriTronics folks, when this sort of junk is getting repeatedly brought up on the board. (by you)

I'm going to suggest that you spend your energy focusing on some positive stuff. There is no productive reason for you to hang on to this silly stuff that happened months ago.

Happy New Year to you. Please let this baggage go.

You deserve to be happy with the products you use to train your dogs. We all do. I hope you find happiness.

Thanks, Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Have to agree with the fellers that said the Tri Tronics G3 systems are alot more user friendly than the Dogtra. The Dogtra Edge is quite robust,with a great charging system,but the manipulation of the nick/constant/range is not practical for a retriever trainer. I gave mine to my obedience trainer because he just needs nicks. The ramp up of the TT systems are light years easier to use the proper timing while correcting the retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    I can live without the quack--beep does the same thing--but Shane you need to give up on the foot pedestal. That is soooo 6+ years ago. Start them working on voice activated instead. That would be really helpful.

For the HRC hunt tester I'm not sure that would work - with duck calls and the bang stick on the line I'd think voice activation would be problematic - and how do you move from release 1 to 2 to 3 with voice?? Not sure but I'm all over a $1M idea if it's there

SMO
    SMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Olean View Post
    For the HRC hunt tester I'm not sure that would work - with duck calls and the bang stick on the line I'd think voice activation would be problematic - and how do you move from release 1 to 2 to 3 with voice?? Not sure but I'm all over a $1M idea if it's there

SMO
    Just like in today's smart cars. They have a lot of voice activated stuff in em. PM me now and I'll tell ya where you can deposit my millions bucks..........
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Hopefully Garmin is soliciting input from dog people that use their products when making changes. I think there is room for improvement on the sport models and the pro controls and not against change or improvements. I even have a suggestion or two on the pro series collars.
    On the pro control I use the beep to get puppies to look out in the field to start with then use it if they need help on a mark, works great. A real duck sound on the Dogtra is good for hunt testers but I hate it for they way I use it because it just keeps quacking and distracts a young pup too much when using it when pup needs help. A single quack for each push of the button would be great. I sent TT a suggestion on the pro series collar a long time ago but don't know if it had any affect. I HATE the toggle switch. I have the 200 multi dog and always accidentally switching collars and getting a yip from a dog in the truck. On the 500 I would hate the toggle to switch from continuous to momentary that is why I buy the 200 instead of the 500. I suggested a slide switch on the side or the back instead of the toggle.
    Im sure Garmin has people that know what they are doing. Hopefully they are asking people that use their products daily, I would if I were them.

Wayne, did you get the answers you're looking for? Since you started the thread.....

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"