RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Upset with Tritronics

18K views 85 replies 38 participants last post by  Jamee Strange 
#1 ·
A few days ago I posted something positive about TT. I take it all back. The tech referred me to Lion Co. who was supposed to have a TT Pro Control transmitter in stock.
This morning i called to check on my order and was told it was on backorder. The rep said they were expecting more late next week. I cancelled the order.

I called TT and asked about the status of the product. I was amazed at the answer. They were not taking any pre-orders because they didn't know if they would get any more of them. She wasn't sure that any more were going to be manufactored. They might have to wait until the Garmin replacement came out. An it was not even in production.

I am upset with these folks. So if I can't keep my present one limping along all my wingers are useless. Way to not serve your clients TT/Garmin.

#2 ·
I stand by Dogtra products. Always a solid product and the best customer service I have come into contact with. Until Garmin decides what to manufacture and set prices (which will be through the roof) I am going DOGTRA!

#3 ·
Wayne - sorry for your misfortune. You pretty much just confirmed something I have been suspecting was going on for a while now. I'm getting some new wingers in the not to distant future and I see it's time to make the leap to dogtra. I was thinking buying more receivers since I already have a tri-tronic transmitter, but I dont think tri-tronics will be supporting it either when it dies.

#11 ·
Wayne, I understand your frustration but it would have been easier to make some phone calls prior to ranting about poor service on the net. There's a whole list of sponsors here that could've filled your order. Maybe Chris will start a rant thread that has a 24 hr delay of each rant post?:p

#17 ·
Raymond I think Wayne was justifiable in voicing his frustration with Tri-tronics. I for one am glad he did. He got his problem solved in the end, but that doesn't change the fact that the manufacturer is leaving folks high and dry. For folks in the market for new launcher release electronics its very helpful to know that tri-tronics is out of the game, at least for the time being. Unless tri-tronics reenters soon, the site sponsors and collar clinic will be out of what ever tri-tronic remote releases and parts they have to. Then what. I have a tri-tronic pro release but am also in the market for new electronics. I was just going to get more receivers. After Wayne's experience, for me, now its dogtra here I come.

#13 ·
Hate to hear all this about TT....their transmitter seems much easier to switch one handed running multiple launchers.Really hope they dont discontinue them.Besides the receivers being a little touchy in rain have had few problems. I have learned in the past to have a spare of everything to keep going........Jim

#14 · (Edited)
Keith, Thanks for the help. I ordered a reconditioned one from Collar Clinic. They did not have any new ones.

I had previously called Lion Co, of course, and also gundogsupply.com.

#15 ·
Wayne, which is your transmitter? I know you said it is not the newest one. I have an older one that may still work, but it might be even older--the old Pro 100.

I am leery of Garmin, but frankly TTs customer service had gotten spotty long before they came in. In fairness, the new Garmin bark collars--the only thing I have purchased since the takeover--are pretty sweet and I used Dogtra before that came out.

At the end of the day it is Google's fault. If they hadn't given everyone a GPS for free on their phones, Garmin would never have even thunk about getting in the dog collar business.

#16 ·
Double Haul, Not an ecollar transmitter but a transmitter for the pro control releases for wingers.

#19 ·
Tri-Tronics called Wayne, They want their shirts back..

#20 ·
LOL....long memories 'round here....

#21 ·
I have been a big supporter of TT with my pocket book and my opinions on RTF
But the transition to TT/Garmin has got me concerned.

#25 ·
Not about TT Corey, there are plenty pro controls out there just have to look now. I am not a fan of the new delta collars but still believe TT/Garmin will support the dog games. Also don't believe Garmin would have bought TT if the balance sheet wasn't good.

#27 ·
I just sold all my tritronics stuff and switched to dogtra. I just ordered. 2 dog dogtra collar and a transmitter with 3 recievers. Should be here in 3 days.

#28 · (Edited)
Get ready for dogtra to be sold. As fast as new electronics are introduced they become obsolete. Why do you suppose the CES? Your cell phone, your TV, etc. The new and better is already ready to market. Customer service is not about your old product, it's about your new one...Products used to be designed for a certain life. No longer.

"Our new remote releases will work with your old GU's and ZW's , BUT THEY MAY NOT IN THE FUTURE...."

Hmmm. JD

#35 ·
I have everything I need. You must have missed it

#38 ·
I feel like I'm the only one with a sense of humor around this place most of the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.