The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: 2003 and 2004 Master Nationals

Default 2003 and 2004 Master Nationals

I have been doing a history of the Master Nationals starting in 1991 until 2005 with reference to Golden Finalists. With tremendous thanks to Bruce Bachert who has provided me with so much information without which it would not have been done, I still need some info on 2003 and 2004. The Retriever Field Trial News listed only the Qualifiers (Finalists) with no other info. I tracked down the locations: Thomasville, Georgia in 2003 and Horicon Marsh, Wisconsin, for 2004. Does anyone have the actual dates for these or even the month---am assuming either September or early October.

I went to the MN web site and 2004 was listed in their Archives, but wouldn't open. You can contact me privately if you can help. I will pay for any copying, etc. if you have an old catalog, etc.

If anyone has some interesting or funny stories about these MNs, would love to have those to check over as well. Even comments on what the weather was like, the terrain, water would be great. I have found photos of all the Goldens Finalists from 1991 through 2005 except two. Some of the photos aren't as good as others as they were from Yearbooks, magazines, etc. but I was able to track down some owners who provided me with great photos. I still am missing Wherley's White Lightning MH from 1996, owner Robert Wherley and Trifecta's Duckboat Buddy MH from 1997, owner Scott Baker---any contact info or copy of a photo would be greatly appreciated.

This history is going in the GRNews at one per issue and will be in the GRCA Archives. Thanks. Again, my deep appreciation to Bruce. I owe you, Bruce. He is one of the good guys. What I didn't realize until too late, Bruce, is you were working at the 2012 National Open in Texas and I was there doing a lot of hand wringing. Would have been great to have bought you dinner.

Glenda

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda Brown View Post
    I have been doing a history of the Master Nationals starting in 1991 until 2005 with reference to Golden Finalists. With tremendous thanks to Bruce Bachert who has provided me with so much information without which it would not have been done, I still need some info on 2003 and 2004. The Retriever Field Trial News listed only the Qualifiers (Finalists) with no other info. I tracked down the locations: Thomasville, Georgia in 2003 and Horicon Marsh, Wisconsin, for 2004. Does anyone have the actual dates for these or even the month---am assuming either September or early October.

I went to the MN web site and 2004 was listed in their Archives, but wouldn't open. You can contact me privately if you can help. I will pay for any copying, etc. if you have an old catalog, etc.

If anyone has some interesting or funny stories about these MNs, would love to have those to check over as well. Even comments on what the weather was like, the terrain, water would be great. I have found photos of all the Goldens Finalists from 1991 through 2005 except two. Some of the photos aren't as good as others as they were from Yearbooks, magazines, etc. but I was able to track down some owners who provided me with great photos. I still am missing Wherley's White Lightning MH from 1996, owner Robert Wherley and Trifecta's Duckboat Buddy MH from 1997, owner Scott Baker---any contact info or copy of a photo would be greatly appreciated.

This history is going in the GRNews at one per issue and will be in the GRCA Archives. Thanks. Again, my deep appreciation to Bruce. I owe you, Bruce. He is one of the good guys. What I didn't realize until too late, Bruce, is you were working at the 2012 National Open in Texas and I was there doing a lot of hand wringing. Would have been great to have bought you dinner.

Glenda
    I attended 2003, seel below

An armed man is a citizen
    An unarmed man is a subject

Thanks, John. That gives me the date and big congratulations on being a Qualifier. Now if you could only bleach out your Lab a little, grow a little coat (but not too much) we could pass it off as a Golden and include it in the history! Before you throw anything at me, I have both Goldens and Labs and always have had.

I appreciate your sending this on. Do you by any chance have a catalog I could copy showing the dogs that entered?

Glenda

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda Brown View Post
    Thanks, John. That gives me the date and big congratulations on being a Qualifier. Now if you could only bleach out your Lab a little, grow a little coat (but not too much) we could pass it off as a Golden and include it in the history! Before you throw anything at me, I have both Goldens and Labs and always have had.

I appreciate your sending this on. Do you by any chance have a catalog I could copy showing the dogs that entered?

Glenda
    I think I might. I'll look tonight when I get home. If so I'll pm you.
    An armed man is a citizen
    An unarmed man is a subject