The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Legal Types: What Are my Chances of winning???

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    You do know you really haven't won anything don't you? You may become a target. So if your neighbor still has the bull's-eye on your back, I might be trying to do something to suck up to the neighbor.

but, I have always enjoyed clients like you. They never listen to what you tell them. And they keep coming back even though I don't give frequent flyer miles.
    Targets azz, the neighbor would get some flaming dog $hit on the porch to stomp out. I could/would make them so miserable they rue the day they started their $hit blizzard. Had one just like them and they were fun to play with.
    good for you randy
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    You do know you really haven't won anything don't you? You may become a target. So if your neighbor still has the bull's-eye on your back, I might be trying to do something to suck up to the neighbor.

but, I have always enjoyed clients like you. They never listen to what you tell them. And they keep coming back even though I don't give frequent flyer miles.
    There is no doubt you are correct to a point - Rnd sounds to me like a guy who doesn't have to suck up to anyone - when you are that person you make people uncomfortable -
    but in no way would I go out of my way to be pleasant to the person that is that misguided - there are subtle ways to get revenge, & they are especially comforting when you
    know that the person that is the target knows you have them & they are powerless to do anything about it .

Rnd is just practicing a little "janteloven" on his accuser .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I ran into the same problem a few years back. The
    animal control officer said that my dog was not tethered I had his e collor on him.
    I told the judge if he would like I could put the E collar on him and see if I could make him do what I wanted.
    My argument was the dog was tethered just like a kid with a cell phone or pager.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel907 View Post
    I ran into the same problem a few years back. The
    animal control officer said that my dog was not tethered I had his e collor on him.
    I told the judge if he would like I could put the E collar on him and see if I could make him do what I wanted.
    My argument was the dog was tethered just like a kid with a cell phone or pager.
    After a run in with the local dog popo I now have the parish ordinance saved on my phone for them to read chapter and verse. It also helps to have some well connected folks on speed dial.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Glad you made a stand and came out on top. I'm with Raymond ,sometimes revenge is best served in a paper bag ,on fire.
    But that attitude has backfired on me a time or two.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Well done RND! There is no reason to be bullied by some coward hiding behind anonymity. If you don't take a stand then you basically agree to be a victim. While I agree with the idea that avoiding contact with law enforcement limits potential conflicts ... Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do... had my share of run ins with neighbor complaints about my dogs barking (but then hounds are good at it) �� Luckily the aco's are pretty reasonable here.... well that and being friends with the sheriff didn't hurt ��

Don't really understand this passive aggressive culture that cannot mind their own business.... sayn

Hive five!
    Steve Lithgow
    Las Cruces, NM
    "The thing that makes them good... is the thing that makes them bad" ~Pete Richardson Marble Mtn Walkers, Vermont
    "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.... " ~Ron Schaitel
    "What's the difference between a pro and an amateur..... ""About a tenth of a second"" ~Bill Gibbons
    "Ugh... my dog broke....! ""There's never been one worth a flip that hasn't"" ~John Steger

Quote Originally Posted by shawninthesticks View Post
    But that attitude has backfired on me a time or two.
    yep. Especially now a days. Video cams that can be strategically placed around your property that can be monitored from your very own computer. And videotaped. And it puts the Chicago PD in the position that they have to cite my lovely neighbors who keep running into my garage door and damaging it to the point it now has to be replaced. Now they have to do something about it. It is called criminal damage to property. And then there is the condo building behind me who likes to dump their snow on my property. This is also illegal in the city of Chicago. Now, because they refused to cooperate and be a good neighbor, they are also getting fined and ticketed. And, their building is being watched. And did I mention they have to reimburse me for the amount of money that this cost me to have the extra snow remote for my property? Trust me, putting a big snow pile in front of their garage doors and taking a hose to it in the middle of the night seemed like great fun.

Sometimes taking care of things the legal way can be fun as well. And, I am not getting arrested for arson for setting fire to something that you throw on a neighbor's porch. That is very illegal no matter where you come from. And Marvin S, you have always just been a cantankerous guy. I have no comment for you.

He (or she) who laughs last, laughs best regards.
    Last edited by JusticeDog; 02-05-2014 at 09:56 PM.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

The days of flamin' poo are over for me, that went out with the days of the local sheriff taking your beer and telling you to stay of the "hard surface roads" , but it's fun to reminisce .

If your neighbors think your crazy from the start they will leave you alone, but crazy in the country is different than crazy in city limits. I havent lived in city limits for 18 years ,so I'd have a hard time making the adjustment of being neighborly.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

I am still POed about the parking ticket I got, that I didn't deserve, circa 1989. I was too poor to risk the court costs if I protested, so I paid the fine.

So I will live vicariously through your success!

:
    Renee P

Rnd is just practicing a little "janteloven" on his accuser
    Marvin, That is the perfect word to describe what is going on here...........Thank you sir

Everybody else thanks for the support
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds!!

Avatar courtesy of RTF"s TZAPPIA