The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: New here and New pup

Default New here and New pup

Hello,

I've been lurking and soaking up a lot of good info here lately! I've got a chocolate male coming Feb.1 from Trinity Oaks and am really excited. I had a lab when I was a kid and did basic training with books I could find at the library. I'd like to do a lot more with this dog training and hunting wise. Right now I'm thinking of starting with Hillmann's puppy dvd and maybe switching over to Lardy unless there is better advice.
    Does anyone know of any retriever clubs I could do training with in the central KY area or other resources? Also if anyone has used training dvd's they'd sell, please let me know.

Thanks,

Titus

Welcome,

I'm not much help, but I wanted to say hello and I am getting a female pup from that litter!

Oh, and I plan to follow Lardy's Total Retriever Training.
    It's not the cheapest material but it's very thorough and is IMHO well worth it. I know many people have said if you cannot get the DVDs then get his journals. They are running a special right now buy 3 and get the 4th free.
    Last edited by Marissa E.; 01-09-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Marissa Everett

Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Welcome, congrats on the Trinity pup!
    Sargent Taylor's Hevi-Shot (Sarge)

Hello and welcome. Lots of advice here. Pick and choose. Sounds like you have a good plan going. Good luck to you!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

There is central ky club for hunt test and others in that area> Im in western ky where tri state is close by. I have trained lots of labs and have owned and trained chocolates in the past as well as have 10 chocolates to this day. If I can be of any help just let me know. Looks like your on the right track
    HRCH TEN BEARS CURLY BILL JH - SHR KADENS LOST N FOUND IN A TEXAS TORNADO -SHR THUNDERS LIGHTENING EXSPRESS- HR MUIRS COTTON PICK N CROPPER MH - HR SMOKINGUNS SHARP SHOOTER ANNIE MH - SHR GUNNER - HR ACE- SHR CORINTHS REBEL SWEET- HRCH KELLY"S CANE HOLLOW HOSS JH ADAMS MAGIC HUNTER JETTA - TEN BEARS CASSIE- DAKOTAS FIVE ALARM SPICY GUMBO-WILDWOODS MISS POLLY-FLIRT-KADENS HIDDEN STASH OF BRANDY-TEN BEARS ROUND TRIP 2

Thanks everybody for the welcomes and offers to help. Marissa good luck with your chocolate female! It'll be exciting to see how they each come along.