The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Oregon's website - still not working

Default Oregon's website - still not working

Talked to an Oregon relative the other day (Jan. 6). Even though Oregon received over $300 million in fed dollars to create their Obamacare website, it hasn't worked yet. Oregonians have to go to a center and pick up paper applications or find a navigator somewhere to walk them through it.

I am wondering how many other states have the same problem as Oregon. Several weeks ago it was reported that 44 people had signed up in Oregon, but it did not say how they signed up. If the website is not working yet, it had to be by paper application.

My Oregon relative said there are articles in the Oregonian almost every day about the Oregon website snafu.

Helen

I've been bouncing around on the net reading news articles. One reported that Oregon mailed out letters about Obamacare to 200,000 people on food stamps in the state. That must have cost some $$. The response was 70,000 signed up for Medicaid.

Paper applications are the only way to sign up. The application is about 19 pages long. It does not offer "shopping" for plans and rates. I guess you fill out the application and turn it in... then plan and rate info is sent to you. The state hired 400 temporary workers to process the applications. One story said 44 had been processed; another article said 219 had been processed.

400 additional temporary workers to process 44 or 219? Things are going mighty slow in Oregon.

They spent all that money on some cute/clever TV ads they have been running non-stop for a year. Still running them even though the site isn't working. I was actually able to log on in Oct and get a quote. Triple what I pay now.

Minnesota's website has been nothing but problems, the head of it resigned in shame about two week ago.

Minnesota contracted with the same developer as the Feds. Same results from that joker. Low bid contracts aren't always the best way to fly.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

I believe Maryland has also decided to default to the Federal site.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.