The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: National Retriever Club of Canada

Default National Retriever Club of Canada

The National Retriever Club of Canada has assembled a task force to develop a plan to increase participation in field trials and national events across Canada. Please help us by taking the time to complete our survey. All answers are anonymous. Click on the link below to proceed. If the link does not work, copy and paste it into the address bar of your internet browser. Note this survey was originally designed for Canadians but we'd love to hear from the Americans also. It would be helpful if you mention in the first question answer, "I am USA"

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pqOHRdDv8k-F6WqGbxZ3ACHACBBY21c4K09bmonYh-I/viewform

The NRCC has also initiated a Facebook page, one more venue for keeping you in touch with some of the latest news on the Canadian Field Trial scene. Search National Retriever Club of Canada to find us.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Retriever-Club-of-Canada/679064212138775

Thanks

As an after-thought here are the members of the Task Force: Daniel Shnitka (BC), Bruce MacDonald (AB) Jim Couch (SK), Kevin Cheff (ON), Chris Bayles (ON), Derek Dunn (NB) and I am chairing.

This survey is one of many steps we are taking to collect information on solutions. Please feel free to contact any member if you have ideas for us. We are interested in the viewpoints of all in the retriever sports, including hunters, hunt tests and field trials. Another task is to attract and maintain Sponsors for our Sport so all ideas welcome.
    Last edited by RetrieversONLINE; 01-10-2014 at 09:31 AM. Reason: addendum
    Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I salute this great initiative.
    Alain Jetté
    AJTOP RETRIEVER
    www.ajtop.com

completed the survey
    CH Chisholm Trail's Backdraft Bay MH**
    Chisholm Trail's Crossfire Sophie JH**
    "I say goodbye to my weakness, so long to the regrets"

Survey completed.

Dennis, will you be sharing the results of the survey once it's completed? I'd like to see them if you're willing to share.
    Cody's Gunslingin' Cosmonaut MH (Shooter)

Quote Originally Posted by TroyFeeken View Post
    Dennis, will you be sharing the results of the survey once it's completed? I'd like to see them if you're willing to share.
    Troy

We expect the survey to be part of our marketing plan. It will include other data as well. I expect we might also have a Best Practices section for clubs. We are hoping to come up with specific recommendations to market our sport as well as improve participation at various levels.

I hope the final report will be suitable for widespread distribution when finished. Thus, links could be provided in various places.

Thanks to all interested in this initiative to deal with challenges to our Sport.

Cheers

PS: Just looked at the first 80 responses and intrigued by many interesting comments as well as the demographics. Keep them coming-the larger the sample-the better. Remember, American respondents should flag that so we can tease out any differences across the border!
    Dennis

Dennis, another thought I've had is there are quite a few clubs that aren't incredibly far from one another but with a boarder crossing involved. Sharing information such as trial dates with clubs that are near each other in that regards and working together to try and stagger their events and hopefully encouraging people to come run each others trials. We're not all that far from some trials in Manitoba and I've always considered coming up and running some of their trials but unknowing how to get the proper pieces of paper work in place to come run has stopped me and possibly others.
    Cody's Gunslingin' Cosmonaut MH (Shooter)

I would love to participate, but I'm a little far for a weekend trial here and there
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by RetrieversONLINE View Post
    Remember, American respondents should flag that so we can tease out any differences across the border!
    Sorry, Dennis. I filled out my survey before the request for Americans to indicate their residency.
    Andy

"You can't win until you are not afraid to lose."

Luckydux Cheese And Quackers CD MH - Briezy (7/20/99-4/4/14)
    Luckydux Drakehaven Hot Ticket*** - Ticket
    Luckydux Gave Her Momma Forty Quacks - Lizzie
    Luckydux Quacker Jaxx WC JH - Jaxxy
    Luckydux Graham Quacker WC JH -Graham
    Luckydux Penny In A Parking Lot - Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Carlson View Post
    Sorry, Dennis. I filled out my survey before the request for Americans to indicate their residency.
    That's alright Andy. We consider you to be one of us most of the time!!
    Dennis