The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: National Retriever Club of Canada

With the profusion of hunting in Canada it confounds the mind why no captive farm raised bird may be shot up there.
    If more US participation is desired more double/double back to back Thur/Sun trials, like in the Su, between late June early Sept and well advertised may suck some over the border while in northern states for summer training.
    If CKC allows could hold "Canadian" trials in FL in winter.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

Quote Originally Posted by retrieversonline View Post
    that's alright andy. We consider you to be one of us most of the time!!
    yup!
    www.dakotacreekretrievers.com

Online store - http://store.dakotacreekretrievers.com
    Find us on facebook!

GMHR-III Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    MHR Pine Acre's Dakota Sand Creek SH WCI
    Dakota Creek's Royal Gem
    Dakota Creek's Long Shot
    Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc

Quote Originally Posted by RetrieversONLINE View Post
    That's alright Andy. We consider you to be one of us most of the time!!
    Thanks!!
    Andy

"You can't win until you are not afraid to lose."

Luckydux Cheese And Quackers CD MH - Briezy (7/20/99-4/4/14)
    FTCH AFTCH Luckydux Drakehaven Hot Ticket*** - Ticket
    Luckydux Gave Her Momma Forty Quacks - Lizzie
    Luckydux Quacker Jaxx WC JH - Jaxxy
    Luckydux Graham Quacker WC JH -Graham
    Luckydux Penny In A Parking Lot - Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    If CKC allows could hold "Canadian" trials in FL in winter.
    Don't they already hold one called "Snowbird"?
    www.dakotacreekretrievers.com

Online store - http://store.dakotacreekretrievers.com
    Find us on facebook!

GMHR-III Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    MHR Pine Acre's Dakota Sand Creek SH WCI
    Dakota Creek's Royal Gem
    Dakota Creek's Long Shot
    Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc

Now that I have my dogs with Kenny Trott and Marcy Wright, I may be traveling North of the Border.
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com

Senior Member Gary Wayne Abbott I's Avatar

Thank you Dennis. I completed the survey and friended the Facebook page. I have been very interested in running Canadian trials in the future and hope to run some more in the next few years. There are a lot of nice folks up there. My biggest hurdle by far right now to running there is the lack of Entry Express. I ran one trial a few years ago and I still cringe about filling out by hand each entry as well as calculating the exchange rate. Entry Express would get my participation into the Canadian circuit!
    Feared by ducks, envied by hunters and loved by dogs.

Nomadic Retrievers
    http://www.nomadicretrievers.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wayne Abbott I View Post
    Thank you Dennis. I completed the survey and friended the Facebook page. I have been very interested in running Canadian trials in the future and hope to run some more in the next few years. There are a lot of nice folks up there. My biggest hurdle by far right now to running there is the lack of Entry Express. I ran one trial a few years ago and I still cringe about filling out by hand each entry as well as calculating the exchange rate. Entry Express would get my participation into the Canadian circuit!
    Gary, I understand your frustration concerning entries for Canadian trials. Maybe I can give a couple of helpful tips?
    Our club, Vancouver Island Retriever Club, accepts a mailed cheque for your entries. When you arrive on site before you run your dog we will give you your cheque back in exchange for Cash. Obviously canadian cash makes the transaction simple.
    As for the issue of the entry form, many of us here have created a mechanical entry on a computer and simply print multiple copies as needed. You'll need to hand write the date and signature on each one. There is a template for an official entry form on the CKC website as well as on the Canadian National Retriever site.
    Hopefully this info helps a bit. We love to see our friends from across the border come up and have a good time.
    Maybe other clubs have some other helpful information ?
    Deb
    Shekko Raven Of Brunlea SH "Raven" 1999-2011 forever loved & never forgotten
    Heads Up General Montgomery MH QAA "Monty" 2002-
    Can FC AFC Maralan's Kids Wanna Rock "Rocky" 2006-
    High Point Open / All-Age 2013
    Wynflat's Dark Side Of The Moon "Floyd" 2011
    High Point Junior 2013 and Can AFC @ 2.5 years

From my understanding, in order to receive a CKC number to run in your trials, the dog also must be micro chipped in country or was that a misunderstanding? Outlining the process of getting CKC registered for us mid continent folks might help get a few more attendees up north.
    Cody's Gunslingin' Cosmonaut MH (Shooter)

Quote Originally Posted by TroyFeeken View Post
    From my understanding, in order to receive a CKC number to run in your trials, the dog also must be micro chipped in country or was that a misunderstanding? Outlining the process of getting CKC registered for us mid continent folks might help get a few more attendees up north.
    From the CKC website: A resident of the USA with an American Kennel Club-registered dog who wishes to register their dog in Canada must complete and submit an Application for Registration of an AKC Registered Dog Owned by a Resident of the USA to the CKC's Registration Division with the required fees.

The application must be accompanied by a copy of the AKC certificate of registration showing the applicant as being the owner of the dog, together with the copy of certified three-generation pedigree, verified in writing by the owner as being current and accurate. The certified pedigree must set forth at least fourteen (14) dogs showing their registered names and numbers. (s. 29.3 CKC By-laws).
    For the purpose of registration, the dog must be identified with a microchip transponder which meets the Canadian Standard or with a CKC approved tattoo series (s. 26 CKC By-laws). Download the Application for Registration of AKC Registered Dog Owned by a Resident of the USA via our online forms under the CKC Services menu, or contact the CKC Order Desk at 1-800-250-8040.

I have gotten an ERN (event registration number) from the CKC for 3 of my dogs. I had no problems with the process and the microchips that my dogs have were ok with the CKC. It is really an easy process.
    Andy

"You can't win until you are not afraid to lose."

Luckydux Cheese And Quackers CD MH - Briezy (7/20/99-4/4/14)
    FTCH AFTCH Luckydux Drakehaven Hot Ticket*** - Ticket
    Luckydux Gave Her Momma Forty Quacks - Lizzie
    Luckydux Quacker Jaxx WC JH - Jaxxy
    Luckydux Graham Quacker WC JH -Graham
    Luckydux Penny In A Parking Lot - Penny

Allow me to add a few words that i hope doesn't add confusion

Marty and I have entered CKC events for years and we have never had a single issue with the CKC ,
    , never any issue to enter an event or crossing the border in either direction. I hear these stories and i have spoken to those that have experienced issues but we have never had one

So for crossing either direction : you need a passport, the dog needs a current rabies cert.

To enter: first fill out the CKC reg form: easy to get ; then email , fax or mail to the event sec along with a call or better yet an email saying look for x dogs , print the form and take it with you and give it to the event sec when you pay.
    We always pay when we get there: be respectful and use Canadian funds as it just saves the sec a hassle at the bank. You dont have to have an ERN ( event reg number) to enter however you will get charged the 8.25 or so either way. If you are lucky enough to place or qualify that ERN will come in handy as you have 30 days to have you ERN or you loose the points/qualification.

Now getting an AKC dog registered in the CKC is much simpler than CKC to AKC. Our dogs have been registered both ways and it is just follow the process.

The trials and tests in Canada are not much different than AKC tests, the rules are very similar, the people want their team to do well We have judged almost as much in the CKC at all levels as the AKC and we enjoy seeing these talented dogs on either side of the line that separates our 2 nations. However i can assure the retrievers like their retrieves just as well no matter where they are at and i believe a duck looks the same to the retrievers
    Dk

Dk