The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Newbie- help finding right dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    So am I to understand that dogs out of Boo, Ranger, Tiger, Wheezer, ya know those with NFC and FC if front of their names, are poor choices? Perhaps you would agree with a gentleman who was at a seminar I attended when Raven( NFC bred) was just over a year old. He said, "son you got the wrong breeding for this hunt test game" Hymmmmmmmm!!!
    Dude, the only thing you seem to get right is buying quality dogs. Don't get butt hurt because i'm pushing your only strong ability. go with your strengths...

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Dude, the only thing you seem to get right is buying quality dogs. Don't get butt hurt because i'm pushing your only strong ability. go with your strengths...

/Paul
    The learn from me and you'll have one strength going for you.

"This ain't Burger King, you don't get it your way"

Backwater's Ole' Crow Medicine Show SH "Raven" BLF 7/26/11 (NFC FC AFC Hunter's Run Boo Boo x AFC Beat The Rush)
    Backwater's Gun Powder 'N' Lead "Trigger" BLF 6/30/12 ( FC AFC CJ's Mister T x FC Queen Winhelmina of the Netherlands)
    Backwater's Biker Trash "Scooter" BLM 9/6/2013 (FC AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger x Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA)

The learn from me and you'll have one strength going for you.
    LOL - now that is a fairly decent come back. You smack talking is getting better.

By the way I think you owe Mr. Smith an apology for saying such harsh things about his website.

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Ice Ice Baby. If I ever get a site I'm gonna name it Vanilla Ice. Paul you need to bow down to Backwater it is obvious your experience is clearly lacking. Hell you prolly don't even measure up to some of the judges hanging out around here. Have you ever judged a test or ran a dog above a JH? LOL Perhaps some people should do a little more due diligence or should I say accurate due diligence before embarrassing themselves by their lack of knowledge.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

i would like to offer an expression of apology to the moderators. the title of the thread was "help finding the right dog". since i had the right dog, i was trying to "help" not advertise.
    john mccallie

Backwater/Todd Schmadl,

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. And I'm curious by nature. So my question to you is this: Would you be saying all this stuff if you were standing around the tailgate at an event, talking to all of us in person?

I ask because while it's clear you have some nicely bred dogs, your arrogance and attitude aren't exactly what I would expect from someone fairly new to the dog games. You'll get a lot further using a little humility and showing some class instead of insulting people who've been in this game a lot longer than you.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Potter View Post
    Backwater/Todd Schmadl,

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. And I'm curious by nature. So my question to you is this: Would you be saying all this stuff if you were standing around the tailgate at an event, talking to all of us in person?

I ask because while it's clear you have some nicely bred dogs, your arrogance and attitude aren't exactly what I would expect from someone fairly new to the dog games. You'll get a lot further using a little humility and showing some class instead of insulting people who've been in this game a lot longer than you.
    Sharon your answer is "yes". I really have a sense of humor but like I said I was just butchered when I first asked a simple question about a hunt test. I was looking for an answer not the crap I got.

I don't mean I was picked on about my question I can deal with that, I was butchered. They called my training partner bitching about me, they posted I was "crying" if you knew me that is farthest from the truth. I NEVER make an excuse for my dog, ever. So to those who are decent here, not meant to offend, but to the others...don't give a sh...t.

I have found the trial people soooo nice and no would never, ever give any grief to those at a trial. I mostly watch and listen learning from those who know, actually rather humble because I want to learn. This forum, whole different animal, hence my "pot stirring" thread. I find it so funny over 5,000 hits, hell couldn't build a website on purpose to get that kind of action.

To Black Ice, sorry, just posted what I thought was Paul's site to his smarta...s response. None the less, is it OK to talk that smack on a ad but if you dare say you demand the best on this forum as a new guy, the baseball bats come out?

Oh by the way if your going to post my name no problem to but please address the whole picture, Todd Schmadl RB BSN MBA, I earned this through much hard work.

Also I am not "in this game" I hunt, just so happen to engage in this once in while to have a better dog.
    Last edited by Backwater; 01-13-2014 at 08:20 PM.

"This ain't Burger King, you don't get it your way"

Backwater's Ole' Crow Medicine Show SH "Raven" BLF 7/26/11 (NFC FC AFC Hunter's Run Boo Boo x AFC Beat The Rush)
    Backwater's Gun Powder 'N' Lead "Trigger" BLF 6/30/12 ( FC AFC CJ's Mister T x FC Queen Winhelmina of the Netherlands)
    Backwater's Biker Trash "Scooter" BLM 9/6/2013 (FC AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger x Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA)

Well I am a newbie here and really was enjoying reading the replies and following this post....seems the last few minutes of my time which is worthless to everyone else was just wasted due to reading through all the bickering post. I personally want to say thanks to all that posted from the start and say thanks to the OP for starting it. I hope you find the pup/started dog that makes you happy and many retrieves to come.

Oh by the way if your going to post my name no problem to but please address the whole picture, Todd Schmadl RB BSN MBA, I earned this through much hard work.
    My apologies, your majesty. You may want to correct Entry Express so they also remember your titles as well as your dog's.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith

I was under the impression that the only titles that matter come before the name.
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER JH -- Reggie