The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: looking to join training group

Default looking to join training group

im looking to join a training club. Im located in ixonia, wis which is in the middle of Madison and Milwaukee. Ive been looking horicon for it is the closest and seems to have some people I have heard of in the retriever world. looking for people to let me train with and help them, im a young trainer with an 11 month blm. just hard to find people to join up with. thanks for help

I belong to both WISAM and the Madison Retriever Club. Are you looking to join a HT or FT group? When are you available to train; days, evenings, weekends?
    Both are good clubs. WISAM probably has more active trainers than Madison. WISAM's properties are probably a bit nicer to train dogs on as well. And their water is excellent. I am not knocking Madison as I do 80-90% of my training on their grounds.
    PM me if you have any specific questions and I will try to help you out.

You're also not far from the Fox Valley Retriever Club (http://www.foxvalleyretrieverclub.com ) as well as a couple of HRC clubs (directory: http://www.huntingretrieverclub.org/...lubsites.shtml ) if you're more interested in hunting/hunt test training than field trials. If you contact these clubs, ask specifically about their scheduled training days that are open to newcomers.
    HRCH UH Gaylan's One With the Wind UD MH OA NAJ WCX VCX CCA - Traveler
    HR UH Truline Rio's Pine Creek SH WCX - Piney

thanks guys