The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need HELP really BAD. GDG PLEASE

Default I need HELP really BAD. GDG PLEASE

I have a friend of mine that is the pastor @ a local church. They are trying to do some things to increase thier youth groups. Bring more young people to the church. They are planning on having an event in the spring
    to try to help. I was hoping that maybe some of you could give advice on games & things to do that would help them have success. Any ideas are welcome. Would really like to keep kids busy having fun for a day!!

Ultimate frisbee is a go to. I would kinda avoid hide and go seek games because they always turn into hide and make out for a few in the group. I would venture to make my own competition with two to three teams. Have a game of "ninja,gorilla, cowboy". Have some trivia game with easy pop culture questions. Panty hose over someone's head and slowly pull it up and off ( if they relax their face it is pretty funny). Donut Olympics. Eating contest.

Know that any game that involves food will most likely end in a food fight.

Finally games are good, but the Gospel is what ultimately brings kids in and keeps them. The Gospel of Grace, not the "you have to be good to be a Christian and it's all up to you to be one"

Easy. Contact Hank @

http://kingdomdog.org/

Gunk fights are always a great time with kids. Get together anything you can imagine to make a big mess. Oatmeal, flour, eggs, whatever you can imagine. I'd also maybe recommend reaching out to your local Youth For Christ YFC if you have one near by as they can be a great help.
    Cody's Gunslingin' Cosmonaut MH (Shooter)

I was going to say starting a "ski-bus" with regular trips to the mountain got a lot of youth interested and started going to Church when I was in Junior/High School. Hide and seek....lol.. hahahaaa.. oh boy... I guess the ski bus idea probably doesn't work well in SC?

One of my favorite memories of camp was a search and rescue mission. It worked like this; Everyone was broken up into teams the day before and given map reading lessons, first aid instructions and survival information without any knowledge it would be used the next day. The next morning after breakfast and free time, everyone was told we had an emergency and we needed to form teams from the day before. Each team was then "briefed" on the "mission". Our counselor had gone for a walk and is missing. He was last seen at a place on the map. We needed to go search that area. So, 10 teams all had similar missions. Each team had an adult monitor. It took about two hours for each team to find their counselor. Each counselor had fake "Injuries" which required first aid. My team dropped our counselor and gave him a pretty good scrape. We then had to move the counselor back to the main lodge to transport to the hospital. That move took all of an hour of hard laboring. They made it pretty tough and a lot of work in a fairly realistic scenario. It was a fun event for Junior high kids. We also had some night games which for the older kids might have some kids playing hide and seek...lol.. hahhaa
    Last edited by Paul "Happy" Gilmore; 01-13-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Our local paintball field has a "bunny hunt" where the kids get paintball guns and someone gets dressed up as a bunny.

In our Easter party we have an egg toss where we do not limit the range into which the kids can throw the eggs to each other. That gets pretty funny after a few rounds.

You can never go wrong renting a bounce house.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

I'd not suggest a Hayride at night. Best to keep it wholesome.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Quote Originally Posted by HNTFSH View Post
    I'd not suggest a Hayride at night. Best to keep it wholesome.

I was invited to go on a hay ride at a church once many many years ago. The girl I was invited by was sitting next to the pastor and I was on her other side. She was really wanting to make out, but I just could not do it with the pastor sitting there. Never had another date with he

My Dad took my Mom and some others on a tractor ride up in the Horse Heaven Hills one night. My Mom had my sister around 16 years old I think? Mom was the daughter of a preacher lol- They were married till my Dad passed.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieC View Post
    I was invited to go on a hay ride at a church once many many years ago. The girl I was invited by was sitting next to the pastor and I was on her other side. She was really wanting to make out, but I just could not do it with the pastor sitting there. Never had another date with he
    I went with the Pastor's daughter. She sat on the other end of the wagon. I am going to hell.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon