RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Buried my Hero Yesterday

5K views 38 replies 38 participants last post by  JusticeDog 
#1 ·
My dad recently had passed after some time of illness! Not sure why I am posting but just feel empty inside!
He was never a dog man but we had the best relationship a son could ask for. We had many days of riding our Harleys on the back roads of CT and MA, Shooting our handguns at the range and just spending quality time together watching a football game. When growing up he never missed one of my football games, basketball games or a weightlifting meet, a true supporter of my activities/hobbies! I had the opportunity to have him and my mom watch a few HT with my boy Harley and he really started to understand my new passion. Then I got my FT dog Ella and he couldn't understand why she spent so much time away from home with my pro training for FT's, but after I explained he sort of got the drift. I had the opportunity to take him with me to Virginia for a big derby, we had a fantastic time and he really got to see what the FT games are about! We had a nice weekend with a 4th place in a highly contested derby. It was so nice for him to be their and a very special moment to share with my dad! I will continue to miss his support and stive to be the best I can and make him an even more proud dad!

Thanks for listening!

Chris

#5 ·
I am very very sorry for your loss

#8 ·
Chris,

May God Bless you and bring you comfort in your time of sorrow... He sounded like a wonderful wonderful Father... Mine has been gone almost 8 years and his memory crosses my mind everyday....

Prayers,

Richard

#13 ·
So very sorry to hear about your Dad.. Wonderful tribute to him and you did have a great foundation in life....your appreciation to your parents is apparent..

Best,

Judy

#15 ·
Oh Chris so sorry to hear. It is like a big part of you gone. Sounds like you will have good memories. I glad your Dad went with you to that trial. Take care my friend! ML

#16 ·
Sorry for your loss. The emptiness will be there but cherished memories will ease that feeling. God Bless

#19 ·
Chris I am so sorry to hear of you losing your Dad. It sounds like you and your Dad had a lot of good memories. I lost my Dad in 1958 and still just sometimes smile when I think of some of the good times together.

#20 ·
Chris,

So very sorry. Your Dad raised a polite, gracious and humble guy. I'm sure he was always proud of you.

Take Care

M

#21 ·
I second that Miriam!!

So sorry Chris!! Very sad news, hang in there buddy.

Barb

#22 ·
Chris,
My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family. I lost my Dad a few years back. He was a Dogman. Not a Retriever guy, but loved Obedience training and rescuing Dobermans. Funny thing was we were'nt all that close and I didnt get into dogs until a few years after he passed, but I sometimes feel he is with me and he would have really loved this Sport. Best wishes with Ella, she is a great dog.

#23 ·
I am sorry for your loss. He sounds like a pretty special dad.

#24 ·
Chris, so terribly sorry for your loss. How blessed you and your Dad both were, though, to be able to enjoy each other.
You are in my prayers.
Take Care,
Becky

#25 ·
So sorry for your loss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.