RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Buried my Hero Yesterday

5K views 38 replies 38 participants last post by  JusticeDog 
#1 ·
My dad recently had passed after some time of illness! Not sure why I am posting but just feel empty inside!
He was never a dog man but we had the best relationship a son could ask for. We had many days of riding our Harleys on the back roads of CT and MA, Shooting our handguns at the range and just spending quality time together watching a football game. When growing up he never missed one of my football games, basketball games or a weightlifting meet, a true supporter of my activities/hobbies! I had the opportunity to have him and my mom watch a few HT with my boy Harley and he really started to understand my new passion. Then I got my FT dog Ella and he couldn't understand why she spent so much time away from home with my pro training for FT's, but after I explained he sort of got the drift. I had the opportunity to take him with me to Virginia for a big derby, we had a fantastic time and he really got to see what the FT games are about! We had a nice weekend with a 4th place in a highly contested derby. It was so nice for him to be their and a very special moment to share with my dad! I will continue to miss his support and stive to be the best I can and make him an even more proud dad!

Thanks for listening!

Chris

#28 ·
May the memories continue to bring you joy....

#29 ·
I'm very sorry for your loss. I dread what you've been through and what you are going through.

#30 ·
Hey Buddy, so sorry to here this news, sounds like your dad was a great man.
He was always there and will continue to be there for you, be strong, he's watching.
Hope to see you in February.

Gregg

#31 ·
Chris : my condolences to you and your family in your time of grief, that was a nice tribute you wrote

#32 ·
Chris,
It sounds like you and your Dad shared a wonderful relationship and that he was a dedicated Dad. As well, I believe you made him very proud of yourself as his son. A great legacy for any man. My sincere condolences for your most difficult loss.

Regrets,
Irishwhistler

#35 ·
All,

Thanks so much for all of the support and prayers. The "RTF" Family is such a strong and supportive group of awesome people! Thanks again!

Chris

#36 ·
Chris - so sorry to read this news. What touched me the most as I read is that you wrote you would miss his support. Thats tough to swallow - but try and remember he is ALWAYS with you. Someday, you will see each other again. Deepest condolences - Danielle

#39 ·
So sorry for your loss. He'll always be looking after you from the heavens...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.