The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scott Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Great article thanks for showing it to me. I was more referencing how Gov. Synder didn't consider it political suicide to sign right to work. I don't know if it played a roll for him, but I think it would have. I will give Devos his full due however.

Did you notice in the article that Snyder was not excited about pushing RTW because of the turmoil he saw in Wisconsin? Then Devos convinced him and legislators that it would not be suicide, and that there would be plenty of money for an ad campaign supporting RTW? Devos went so far as to "reserve" the grounds around the state capital for 2 months to keep demonstrators away from the capital building? Money is power, and Devos has plenty of it, and he is willing to spend it in order to foist his beliefs on to the state and the country.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Did you notice in the article that Snyder was not excited about pushing RTW because of the turmoil he saw in Wisconsin? Then Devos convinced him and legislators that it would not be suicide, and that there would be plenty of money for an ad campaign supporting RTW? Devos went so far as to "reserve" the grounds around the state capital for 2 months to keep demonstrators away from the capital building? Money is power, and Devos has plenty of it, and he is willing to spend it in order to foist his beliefs on to the state and the country.
    I missed that part about Synder. I will reread it. That is what I had thought happened though. I really think the larger story is how much control of the government Dick Devos was able to purchase. With no limits on campaign contributions or political spending one with enough money one has such tremendous control of the government without even holding office. We have a scary flawed system.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I missed that part about Synder. I will reread it. That is what I had thought happened though. I really think the larger story is how much control of the government Dick Devos was able to purchase. With no limits on campaign contributions or political spending one with enough money one has such tremendous control of the government without even holding office. We have a scary flawed system.
    You're alright with the amount of control public Employee unions have been able to buy?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    You're alright with the amount of control public Employee unions have been able to buy?
    At least with a Union your talking about thousands of people being represented. This is one man taking his check book and changing the rules for everybody else. He doesn't even belong to a Union either so he wasn't trying to improve his own situation. He just did it because he could, because it hurt his political opponents and he was willing to do that at all costs. Pretty scary that it worked as well as it did. Just goes to show how little us voters matter when it is all said and done.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I really don't know a whole lot about Scott Walker, but he seems to have some common sense. Maybe this was a "softball interview", and others might disagree.

OOPS! Maybe not so much commonc sense. Never assume.

Wisconsin

Sex offender joined Walker during State of the State speech

By Scott Bauer

Associated Press

Gov. Scott Walker said Thursday that he was frustrated that a registered sex offender and felon was allowed to stand alongside him during his State of the State speech.

Christopher Barber, a 32-year-old welder, was one of 13 newly hired workers Walker brought out to stand behind him during the opening minutes of his Wednesday speech as examples of how an improved economy is leading to more people finding work.

Barber wore his welding helmet and work gloves on stage. He waved to the audience in the Assembly chamber as he left the podium and Walker and applauded.

“Every time we help someone find a job, it makes for a strong home, a stronger community and a stronger state,” Walker said during his speech as Barber and the others stood behind him.

Walker didn’t know that Barber, of Two Rivers, is a registered sex offender with two felonies and three drunken- driving offenses. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel first reported on his criminal record Thursday.

Online court records show that Barber was convicted of third-degree sexual assault in 2005 and sentenced to 10 years in prison.

“Obviously, it’s frustrating,” Walker said when asked about the situation after a speech to the Wisconsin Grocers Association.

Walker said he had assumed that the man’s employer, Ariens Co. in Brillion, had done a background check when it actually had not. Ariens spokeswoman Ann Stilp issued a statement saying the company recommended Barber for the speech as an example of an employee who had been unemployed before coming to Ariens.

“ We recommended him because he demonstrated initiative in turning seasonal employment into full- time employment and used training to advance to a welder position within the company,” Stilp said. “We did this based on his job performance as an employee since December of 2012. As part of recommending him for the speech, we did not know the details of his record.”

Stilp said Ariens is now reviewing its hiring process.

“Out of all the people who were out there, all of them had background checks,” Walker said. “This particular individual was one of the last people added. He came from a credible employer in the state who gave us the suggestion at the last minute.”

Walker emphasized that those asked to join him during the speech were workers recommended by their employers.

“There were thousands of other examples we could have used and that would have been preferred,” he said.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post

Wisconsin

By Scott Bauer

Associated Press

Gov. Scott Walker said Thursday that he was frustrated that a registered sex offender and felon was allowed to stand alongside him during his State of the State speech.

Christopher Barber, a 32-year-old welder, was one of 13 newly hired workers Walker brought out to stand behind him during the opening minutes of his Wednesday speech as examples of how an improved economy is leading to more people finding work.

Barber wore his welding helmet and work gloves on stage. He waved to the audience in the Assembly chamber as he left the podium and Walker and applauded.

“Every time we help someone find a job, it makes for a strong home, a stronger community and a stronger state,” Walker said during his speech as Barber and the others stood behind him.

Walker didn’t know that Barber, of Two Rivers, is a registered sex offender with two felonies and three drunken- driving offenses. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel first reported on his criminal record Thursday.

Online court records show that Barber was convicted of third-degree sexual assault in 2005 and sentenced to 10 years in prison.

“Obviously, it’s frustrating,” Walker said when asked about the situation after a speech to the Wisconsin Grocers Association.

Walker said he had assumed that the man’s employer, Ariens Co. in Brillion, had done a background check when it actually had not. Ariens spokeswoman Ann Stilp issued a statement saying the company recommended Barber for the speech as an example of an employee who had been unemployed before coming to Ariens.

“ We recommended him because he demonstrated initiative in turning seasonal employment into full- time employment and used training to advance to a welder position within the company,” Stilp said. “We did this based on his job performance as an employee since December of 2012. As part of recommending him for the speech, we did not know the details of his record.”

“Out of all the people who were out there, all of them had background checks,” Walker said. “This particular individual was one of the last people added. He came from a credible employer in the state who gave us the suggestion at the last minute.”

Walker emphasized that those asked to join him during the speech were workers recommended by their employers.

“There were thousands of other examples we could have used and that would have been preferred,” he said.
    Clearly this "GOTCHYA" moment illustrates Walker is no fit to be Governor of WI.
    This by far out weighs anything he has done................maybe he should be "recalled??"

Oh, wait.................
    Last edited by road kill; 01-24-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Clearly this "GOTCHYA" moment illustrates Walker is no fit to be Governor of WI.
    This by far out weighs anything he has done................maybe he should be "recalled??"

Oh, wait.................
    Nope Stan, just shows he has feet of clay like the rest of us. But it would have been refreshing if he had said "we should have done a better job checking out these people" than blame Ariens for sending him a ssex offender as a poster boy.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Not defending a sex offender, I don't know a thing about the guy. Hopefully he has turned over a new leaf. It bothers me that he is a victim in attempts to discredit Walker, even if I disagree with Walker on several issues. Politics is a nasty game. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Not defending a sex offender, I don't know a thing about the guy. Hopefully he has turned over a new leaf. It bothers me that he is a victim in attempts to discredit Walker, even if I disagree with Walker on several issues. Politics is a nasty game. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone...
    Yesterday I'm talking to one of our town's citizens with a lady about my age there - it's quickly evident she is sharper than a tack - She says to me I've heard your 1st name, what is your last? & I tell her Sundstrom - her comment "You're the new council member than no one in the administration likes, Keep up the good work". It's moments like that that make serving the public worthwhile -

Having been deeply involved over the years in both - dog politics is probably shadier than the real thing . At the least, there are more people involved with trying to keep it clean, human nature does get in the way.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post

Wisconsin

By Scott Bauer

Associated Press

OOPSMandela Memorial, Prez Obama, sign language Fake. Guess it can happen