The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: You can't have war without troops...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    I will not sit here and let you call JDogger a wart! That's unkind and unfair! He's at most a pimple. I got your back, JD.
    April 1968 I took the same oath that you and Stan took. I served. Please respect my right to disagree with your political views. After all, isn't that the right we were all defending?
    I guess not.
    I guess some of us are better than others....right boys?
    My post with a satirical parody of oaths obviously was lost to some readers.
    I could have easily posted links to many oaths cited on the internet, including the oath of allegiance to the KKK, etc.
    A previous poster was questioning the validity of oaths taken by others. The validity of an oath taken is only as honest as the person taking it, and I will not call into question anyone else's validity. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    April 1968 I took the same oath that you and Stan took. I served. Please respect my right to disagree with your political views. After all, isn't that the right we were all defending?
    I guess not.
    I guess some of us are better than others....right boys?
    My post with a satirical parody of oaths obviously was lost to some readers.
    I could have easily posted links to many oaths cited on the internet, including the oath of allegiance to the KKK, etc.
    A previous poster was questioning the validity of oaths taken by others. The validity of an oath taken is only as honest as the person taking it, and I will not call into question anyone else's validity. JD
    "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

Since we care to quote Voltaire, and keeping with the OP.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/v/voltaire108412.html
    Last edited by JDogger; 01-21-2014 at 09:48 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift