The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You can't have war without troops...

I am not trying to be holier than thou. I don't know how this thread went from troops should not follow through orders that offend their conscious (drone strikes with civilian casualties and total war) to the hypothetical of losing your job for a situation that hasn't happened and hopefully won't.

I just wanted to get folks thinking about our foreign policy that recklessly throws our troops lives into danger for minimal if any gains to our national security. I think the "follow orders mantra" can make a lot of people do bad things they would have done in the first place

I think that us going to Iraq was a bad idea over a personal vendetta that someone had with Saddam Hussein. Should've focused on Bin Laden. I think we should take care of our homeland before we take care of others. Although, the military was following the orders given by the Commander in Chief. They went in and did the job they were tasked with. NOthing personal, just doing their job that their "Boss" told them to do.

I totally agree

What if their boss tries to turn them against their fellow citizens?

Then we will have something called a civil war. There was one of those in our past. The ones that followed orders were in the Union army, and the Rebels didn't want to follow orders, so they rebelled, and ultimately got their arses handed to them. Lot of people died in that war unnecessarily, because they didn't want to follow orders.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    What if their boss tries to turn them against their fellow citizens?

What if the queen had balls? I think she'd be the king then. You can play "what if" all day long, for things that most likely will never occur. What if the dog hadn't stopped to take a dump? He'd have caught the rabbit. See where I'm going with this?

Pump your brakes shiny head. The only reason the north won the war of northern aggression was because of their steady supply of immigrants. If I am not mistaken more union troops died than confederates, and more confederate civilians were killed than union. Lincoln should have kept his killing squads in the north instead of provoking war in the south. We were getting along with your last comment. Please don't ruin that feel good moment. Southerners know more about the civil war than the rest of the US. Just go into a Barnes and noble in the south and you will see a quarter of the store filled with civil war books. Lincoln was awful, he loved people that followed what he did without question and jailed those who stood against him. A society of yes men is fertile ground for tyranny

Now weren't you the one questioning me about morals and doing the right thing? Was enslaving people and mistreating them, not to mention removing them from their home land against their will, moral and the right thing to do? Maybe the history books I read from gave me incorrect information.

They did there was plenty of slavery going on in the north also. Not to mention the abuse on immigrants. But if you believe the civil war was all about slavery, then you know bad history. If it was about slavery why did Lincoln wait a few years to give out the emancipation proclamation? It's seems like he would have done that first. Secession is a tool out founding fathers gave us to fight against an out of control government, but Lincoln decided it was reason to start a war that would kill hundreds of thousands of people

Tom DiLorenzo has some speeches on YouTube that support a book he wrote on Lincoln. If you believe the crap they taught you in school you should watch one of them ASAP.