The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: You can't have war without troops...

An example of the Oath the National guard takes.
    Officers of the National Guard of the various States, however, take an additional oath:
    I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___ against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___, that I make this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the Office of [grade] in the Army/Air National Guard of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___ upon which I am about to enter, so help me God.[3]
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

What do you believe is the reason many of our young people dont understand the Constitution?

What do you believe is the reason that many adults DONT have a very good understanding of the Constitution?

My own experience. I was a older person, before I took the time to study the Constitution. How about you all?

What do you believe is the reason behind many folks not being knowledgeable about the Constitution?

Goose
    I think when people are young they have other things on their mind ,,mostly me,me,me

I think for people to be knowledgeable about anything they have to take some interest in it.
    My interest came from the fact that it corresponds or goes along with teachings in the word of God. Making it a pretty interesting man made doctrine. Or as I call it ,A document inspired by God.
    God ,family,country. If kept in that order it insures for a strong and abundant country. Like MM my commitment is in that order, if I keep God first then by default I must take the best of care of my family. A tight and God fearing family is the strenght of any nation.
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

An example of the Oath the National guard takes.
    Officers of the National Guard of the various States, however, take an additional oath:
    I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___ against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___, that I make this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the Office of[grade] in the Army/Air National Guard of the State (Commonwealth, District, Territory) of ___ upon which I am about to enter, so help me God.[3]
    Gooser
    Then in the case of Katrina,,,the good solid tax paying citizizens of N.O. were the domestic enemies of the state? But the thugs who were ignored were the Ali's of the state.? If a =b and b=c then a=c
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2011/07/...uring-katrina/

Some kept their oath against the Tyranny that was put in place from people who elected the leaders there.
    Some of the oath keeper/takers refused to confiscate guns, thus honoring their oath to the Constitution.

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2009/03/...will-not-obey/
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

The real problem lies with Tyrannical and Opportunistic people we VOTE INTO OFFICE.

Politicians in my opinion,, should NEVER be trusted... Ever!

Gooser

So,, if you follow that line of thinking,, the American People are at fault for most of our Foreign policy..

We elected them (our leaders) to represent us..

When we have leaders that ignore the Constitution,, and we the people dont do anything about it.. welll?????

What do all you dog guys preach all the time?

"You Own what you condone"

And them some of you expect our military to ignore orders from the commander in chief that was put in office by the Majority of the American people?

Maybe we should be more careful and responsible as to who that commander in chief may be..

Gooser

I would argue that a majority of people in our country did not elect our representation. A majority of our population is apathetic and disillusioned with our government. It takes enough of their time to feed their kids and have a job. Politicians are elected by a majority of the minority of folks who care about politics.

So going along with your train of thought. If you know the majority of leaders in our government are tyrannical dirtbags (which I agree with) then why would you take an oath to do what they say? Aren't you just supporting and approving of their rule if you join or stay in the military? If you don't trust in your commander and chief in a volunteer army, it would make sense to resign from service.

I realize this is an existential hypothetical argument and I agree with a lot of what you are saying gooser.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    So,, if you follow that line of thinking,, the American People are at fault for most of our Foreign policy..

We elected them (our leaders) to represent us..

When we have leaders that ignore the Constitution,, and we the people dont do anything about it.. welll?????

What do all you dog guys preach all the time?

"You Own what you condone"
    Unfortunately for US, and fortunately for our Congresspersons, we arent allowed to put an E collar around their necks, or unload a dose of rat shot into their azzzz, when they need a correction...I am not a proponent of E collar training but, I could change my mind if it was attached to the Senator from my state, heck just let me have a wristrocket slingshot
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Colorado,, recalled TWO elected representatives over their oppressive gun control measures, and gt another one to take the coward way out, and resign over the matter.They did this in a very grass roots method also..
    It WAS an E collar correction, along with a ggod dose of rat shot/

The Oath our brave sons and daughters take is to the CONSTITUTION of the United States!

They will defend that with their LIVES if necessary.

Do we not OWE them, a responsible Commander in chief, that believes in the Constitution?

Our ELECTED politicians take that SAME OATH,, yet a lot of the time, trample all over it. They would not be willing ,Based on their tyranical actions, to defend it with THEIR lives.. all they are interested in is POWER!! and to remain in office to DICTATE a ideology politically...
    They will get their votes to remain in power, by double talk, and promises to give a Utopian way of life for the American people if they will give them their vote..

The elected representative that will trample on the second amendment, tramples on the first, the fourth, and all others.. They want Rule,, and power.

We are quickly becoming a society where we are no longer the sovereign but rather the subjects...

And YES,, I do agree it is because of laziness and apathetic attitudes.

We MUST cHange this,, and hold our elected officials to adherence of the building block,, and the strong foundation created by our founders..
    They call that foundation the Constitution..
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 01-19-2014 at 08:04 PM.