The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Impossible vs Difficult

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Hogwash, of course you are criticizing her, and are you the self appointed viewer of things from the dog's perspective, what qualifies you for that position?
    God I love ya Dr Ed...you crack me up!
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by K92line View Post

I guess that saying where there is a will there is.........That dog ended up getting Master titles in three venues. Enter, a black lab puppy. She was left over from a litter. No one really wanted Lily. She was small, from a good Dam and a good sire, but not a well known breeding. I took her. My first Field Trial dog, FC/AFC Knollwood Sweet Lily and she qualified for two Nationals in spite of battling injuries from about five. Lily is pretty much retired now.
    It was a joy watching her run weekend trials in Georgia, and then in 2011 in Cali at the Nat. Open. (I still wear the lucky sweat shirt the 3 of us got) Lily was a very impressive girl, and I'm sorry to hear she is retired. You've worked hard with your dogs, and deserve every bit of success you achieve and more.

Thanks so much for your post...

Take care-
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    Nancy thank you for your post, thank you. This was well stated and I couldn't agree more with what you state here. I truly understand your hesitance to post as many here seem to imply "how dare you, you do this without getting their approval". Thank you! Hopefully this will provide the encouragement many "newbies" need without the bashing they often get here,

BW
    Hi BW,

We exchanged notes privately. I'm now asking you publicly.

Let it go. Please let it go. I welcome you here, but the ongoing jabs at this forum and its users needs to stop.

Why not lead by example? If you want to influence the forum users to use the resource reasonably and to add value, please do the same and don't keep falling back to the same old negative stuff.

Fair enough?

Thanks, Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

To Nancy,

Thank you for starting this thread. I enjoyed it and I think this is the sort of thing that many newer folks will remember for inspiration.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

This poem was recently printed in RTFN.

"What is a title really"

Not just a brag, not just a stepping stone to a higher title, not just an adjunct to competitive scores; a title is a tribute to the dog that bears it, a way to honor the dog, an ultimate memorial. It will remain in the record and in the memory, for about as long as anything in the world can remain. And though the dog herself doesn't know or care that her achievements have been noted, a title says many things in the world of humans, where such things count. A title says your dog was intelligent, adaptable, and good-natured. It says that your dog loved you enough to do the things that please you, however crazy they may have sometimes seemed.

In addition, a title says that you love your dog. That you loved to spend time with her because she was a good dog and that you believed in her enough to give her yet another chance when she (or you!) failed and in the end your faith was justified. A title proves that your dog inspired you to that special relationship enjoyed by so few. That in a world of disposable creatures, this dog with a title was greatly loved, and loved greatly in return.

And when that dear short life is over, the title remains as a memorial of the finest kind, the best you can give to a deserving friend. Volumes of praise in one small set of initials after a name. An obedience (agility, flyball, herding, tracking, lure coursing, conformation) title is nothing less than the true love and respect, given and received and recorded permanently

Respectfully

Nancy White

Very Nice!
    HRC- Our season never ends

"Shoot fast or shoot last"

HR UH Nilsson's on a wing n a prayer SH WCX

Wonderful words and perspective, Nancy! Thank you for posting!

Jennifer

Thank You Nancy for your story.

Like you I have ran several different venue, I always say you have to find your own success in these games. If the only success is winning you will be sadly disappointed playing these games.

Every time I got my a$$ sent home packing, was a good opportunity to reflect on what we need to work on.

Thanks again David

jonathan and dr. ed,
    classic simultaneous opinions.

cooper,
    horses know they are in a race. dogs know they are in a trial. they also know if they win......if only by our reaction to their performance. i think the males who win a lot know they are special because they get lots of sex!

thanks nancy!
    john mccallie

I have read with great interest the recent threads on how impossible Field trials are and the Field Trial vs Hunt Tests threads. By no means am I an expert in either venue but I will admit to titling dogs in both venues. Was it easy? Of course not. Impossible, certainly not. As a complete and utter newbie,
    I shortened the post though I agree with it to bring you this from Nancy's early endeavors. She's @ Warm Springs which can get fairly cool in the fall, complete with her CA wardrobe of very light clothes. My thought at the time - she'll either change her wardrobe or won't be around long. She changed her wardrobe . It's funny the things you remember about this sport & the individuals who stay.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Hogwash, of course you are criticizing her, and are you the self appointed viewer of things from the dog's perspective, what qualifies you for that position?
    From my dogs perspective I'm sure it would be FU I'm not sitting here, I'm going to get that bird

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"