The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Impossible vs Difficult

Nancy's story is heart warming and it describes what you can do with resources and dedication. Tollers are still so new to the HT game that many people don't realize what big hearts they have. This game we play does take dedication, much like any sport you would choose to play. Our dogs, by and large, are bred to play this game. They love to retrieve and would much prefer this to sitting in the house all day. I'm certain some dogs experience mis-treatment and that is sad and unfortunate. Most of the people I have met along the way in this sport (since 1990) have been involved because of the enjoyment they get from being with their dogs and because of the friends they have made along the way. I have been more involved in FT/HT than I am now, mostly due to my work situation. I think many people in the sport experience changes in their committment along the way due to work or family situations. It doesn't mean we love it less or by not doing FT/HT with our dog that we are "kinder" to them. I hunt my dogs as well as train and trial them. It is my chosen hobby and hopefully some day I will have the time to dedicate to it that I want. Meanwhile I will continue training and trialing my dogs as I can. Folks like Nancy are very inspirational to all who enjoy this sport.

Dawn
    Goldtraks Once 'n Luv with Amy CD MH WCX; Goldtraks Opening Day; Highlands Split Image MH WCX **; Karousel's Goldtrak Maguire JH WCX; Highlands On A Dare CD MH WCX **; MHR HRCH Adirondac Bustd at the Bordr UD MH AXP AJP WCX CCA VCX CL3 PKII PDI; Mostlygold's On the Mark CL3 PJII PKI; HRCH WR Adirondac Mountain Renegade CDX MH WCX CCA VC; Adirondac Tracks in the Wilderness

We don't stop playing because we've grown old, we grow old because we've stopped playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I got lost in the pick up truck going to Baldwinsville, NY.
    from Burlington, VT and ended up in that town.
    It was not all that great.
    Ouch! Now your getting close to home. It's a nice town once you get to know it. And boy did you miss your mark and strayed afar from the are of the fall!
    Muck Madness Retrievers
    Mark Berger
    Chittenango, NY

Emerald City Reba, SH
    Emerald City Rosie SH
    Muck Madness Hurricane SH ... "Cane"
    Muck Madness Bailey's Irish Cream ... Bailey

www.muckmadnessretrievers.com

"How you do anything is how you will do everything".

Quote Originally Posted by Mark AB View Post
    Ouch! Now your getting close to home. It's a nice town once you get to know it. And boy did you miss your mark and strayed afar from the are of the fall!

It wasn't my fault. I usualy took rout 11 cross the top. But after many trips and my brother going to school in Canton, NY I was rout 11ed to death. A retriever club member told me of a short cut going south to Ti and taking an angle south west through the finger lake area. Well I angled to far south driving fast in the foggy darkness. When I found a live person and topped off the gas tank they sent me due north. I did find the test that morning. But took rout 11 home.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    It wasn't my fault. I usualy took rout 11 cross the top. But after many trips and my brother going to school in Canton, NY I was rout 11ed to death. A retriever club member told me of a short cut going south to Ti and taking an angle south west through the finger lake area. Well I angled to far south driving fast in the foggy darkness. When I found a live person and topped off the gas tank they sent me due north. I did find the test that morning. But took rout 11 home.
    I used to go to Keene NH for work more times then I'd like to remember. I think I went through or near Burlington on my trips. Next time you come this way email and I'm pretty sure I can get you here with out rt 11 and in less the 11 hours !!!!!
    Muck Madness Retrievers
    Mark Berger
    Chittenango, NY

Emerald City Reba, SH
    Emerald City Rosie SH
    Muck Madness Hurricane SH ... "Cane"
    Muck Madness Bailey's Irish Cream ... Bailey

www.muckmadnessretrievers.com

"How you do anything is how you will do everything".

Quote Originally Posted by K92line View Post
    An short addendum to my original post. Several people have asked me privately about the truly impossible. Getting my Toller, Shooter QAA. We accomplished that on a bright Sunny day that I will never ever forget in 2009. If anyone tries to tell me that FT folks aren't supportive i reflect back in that day. I was at the Open when placements were made for the Q. You could hear the clapping and cheering a mile away. All for a little red dog. A day to remember. Those are such wonderful memories. Ahh Ithaca. I get it.

Nancy

I was there and saw the dog run, VERY IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!