The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Release of Report CIA did after 9/11

Default Release of Report CIA did after 9/11

Wondered why the President released this. In his words we acknowledge our mistakes publicly? Must be a political decision. I know it is a Democrat report and the only Rep. to agree is John McCain. But I still can't understand why, when now you put others at risk by releasing the report. Just curious.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA

HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI

Metras's Hashtag Mickey

The truth will set you free !

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lynn Metras View Post
    Wondered why the President released this. In his words we acknowledge our mistakes publicly? Must be a political decision. I know it is a Democrat report and the only Rep. to agree is John McCain. But I still can't understand why, when now you put others at risk by releasing the report. Just curious.
    It takes the media focus off Gruber, and makes the US, the CIA and President Bush look bad. And of course as EX-CIA chef Mchael Haydon has noted, this false report actively harms the nation and our ability to protect ourselves against terrorism in the future. These are all good reasons to someone who basically dislikes America.
    Last edited by steveMO; 12-09-2014 at 07:42 PM.

To coverup Gruber's testifying story today because both the R's and D's want Obamacare.

Everyone already knows Ebola, Isis, the Ukraine issue, Hamas and Ferguson have already been solved.

Steve you were faster. There will always be 30% which are complete goose steppers. Even during the revolunitary war 30-35% which were more than willing to say under British rule.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 12-09-2014 at 07:44 PM.

The President did not release this, the Senate intelligence committee did. The committee has been sitting on it a long time.

Torture should be beneath this great country. Clearly, it was not during the last administration. This is not about politics this is about right and wrong and the Geneva Conventions. Rectal feeding is not something this country should support.

Who is at any more risk now than a day ago? Please name them. You don't think the community of folks interested in terrorism does not now this stuff already? Sure, look up Abu Ghraib, the poster child for recruiting terrorists. Mission accomplished long ago because of torture tactics which are beneath this country.

CIA lied to congress and the president. Nobody has problem with that?
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    CIA lied to congress and the president. Nobody has problem with that?
    I think you will find the CIA told everyone involved the truth. As politicians they are doing what politicians do. They are lying and covering up trying to ensure they are saving face for their legacies. I truly feel they, the politicians authorized everything and are just as responsible. Sometimes certain things happen that need to be left classified for the security of our nation. Right or wrong has all ready been decided. This release is all about trying to re-write the facts in an attempt to cover their A$$es.

My Opinion

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    The President did not release this, the Senate intelligence committee did. The committee has been sitting on it a long time.

Torture should be beneath this great country. Clearly, it was not during the last administration. This is not about politics this is about right and wrong and the Geneva Conventions. Rectal feeding is not something this country should support.

Who is at any more risk now than a day ago? Please name them. You don't think the community of folks interested in terrorism does not now this stuff already? Sure, look up Abu Ghraib, the poster child for recruiting terrorists. Mission accomplished long ago because of torture tactics which are beneath this country.
    Pretty sure the "Geneva conventions" are a series of treaties between a large group of nations. I'm almost 100% positive that every Islamic extremist hasn't signed or even gives a rats ass about it. Until they sign and follow it I see no reason that we should also. I'm pretty confidant that 'gorilla combatants" are not entities that the US agreed to extend the treaties to. Makes them fair game and dose not tie our hands when it comes to enemies who will not fight conventionally, nor honor the treaties.

Almost every day that the ME is in the news, you can see examples of several violations of the treaties that they have not signed, where is the uproar with that?

A quote from the movie 3:10 to Yuma "morals ain't got a damn thing to do with it."

Shaking my head a lot here lately....

Enhanced interrogation techniques effectiveness
    cannot be fully appreciated or understood
    by those who lack the ability to comprehend
    or the possibility to benefit from it directly and immediately.

Hence the reason I'm never surprised by peoples reactions and comments
    towards those things they know little if anything about.

My life and the lives of countless Service Members were saved by enhanced interrogation techniques.
    Seeing in color the full weight of combat in which the enemy can bring upon you.....sigh....
    will/would definitely change your perspective on what is and isn't necessary when lives are on the line.

I would not blink at the chance to interrogate an enemy combatant, however I needed to,
    on the battlefield in the heat of combat. Immediate intel taken from an enemy combatant
    before he can get his *self* together can be as vital as knowing where (not) to step in a mine field.

As a non-Service Member, it’s real hard to put yourself in that minefield.
    When I hear these weasels on The Hill crying and whining about enemy combatants
    while simultaneous cutting the Military Budget to include Service Member COLA as well as benefits,
    I’m reminded of what the fictional Col. Jessop said in the Movie ‘A Few Good Men’
    except I think if we changed the words some it would be relevant to the current topic at hand.

“You can't handle the truth! People, we live in a world that has terrorist. And those terrorist have to be hunted down by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Mrs. Senator Dianne Feinstein? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for enemy combatants and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that enhanced interrogation deaths, while tragic, saves lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. You want me to track, hunt down and terminate with extreme prejudice those terrorist that roam the night.
    We use words like honor, courage and commitment...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a person who rises and sleeps under the blanket of freedom I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a **** what you think you're entitled to!”
    Most Americans live in a fantasy land. Clueless to what it takes to live the lives they live every day.
    Mindless to the sacrifices necessary to keep it that way.

….and it sickens me to the core….