The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Climate change is the ‘least’ of our worries…!

  1. #1
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    3,046

    Default Climate change is the ‘least’ of our worries…!

    In my lifetime I have seen a continuing decline in American Patriotism, Morality, and belief in a God (Christ, God, Allah, or any deity)! I fear that more than ISIS, Nukes, Evil Countries, or even Climate Change....many have told us what to watch for.....I am not critical of people without a God, what I fear about that is what moral compass do they have? If a large portion of our American Society goes down that road, where will they as a group find morality?

    The action we take and the decisions we make in this decade will have consequences far into this century. If America shows weakness and uncertainty, the world will drift toward tragedy. That will not happen on my watch.
    George W. Bush

    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

    Abraham Lincoln


    "America is like a healthy body and its resistance is three-fold: its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."
    Joseph Stalin

    [W]e have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. . . . Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    (Source: John Adams, The Works of John Adams, Second President of the United States, Charles Francis Adams, editor (Boston: Little, Brown, and Co. 1854), Vol. IX, p. 229, October 11, 1798.)


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Swampie too much doom and gloom. Have you ever read or heard about the 1st American Religious Revival or the 2nd (1830s+) ? How about in the early 20th Century all the itinerant Tent Revivalists who traveled thruout the USA? Nothing new , usually at death or moments of fear people find their "G..d." Otherwise the normal aspects of greed and stupidity abound.

  3. #3
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Swampie too much doom and gloom. Have you ever read or heard about the 1st American Religious Revival or the 2nd (1830s+) ? How about in the early 20th Century all the itinerant Tent Revivalists who traveled thruout the USA? Nothing new , usually at death or moments of fear people find their "G..d." Otherwise the normal aspects of greed and stupidity abound.
    Not sure of your age group, so it is hard to make any comments from this perspective. I know that 80%+ of Americans 'define' themselves as Christians or Jews....sounds like a good number, yet the continuing decline of morality, especially of our young adults is concerning. Many of these still identify themselves as Christians, but they live like heathens.

    When you say doom and gloom, I say 'head in sand'....! I have worked with kids (started in my 20's, many good kids.) I still see many 'good kids'...but the bad ones I see are so much worse than they used to be and there are more of them. These 'bad kids' used to be shunned by most kids, they were social outcasts. Now they are admired by many considered to be "rad" and for sure are not outcasts to many of the young kids. That is a change I have noticed in the last 20 yrs.
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 04-16-2015 at 10:56 AM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Swampie I am a cusp Baby Boomer and have worked w/college students in the 60-70s and High School students 90s-2013. The difference for most is the lack of parental/leadership honesty. The young are very impressed w/someone who does the WALK and the TALK. As James noted elsewhere the Saturday Sinners and Sunday Saints abound. I just had an ex-student of mine die due to natural causes @ 22 (diabetes) but exemplified the GOOD of life. It is through peer and adult example that the young will follow.We all have opportunities to do the Spike Lee "right thing" but most do not. The kids would always ask me if I had a bucket list " I said no , and the truth , because that is how I lived my life. I had too many buddies die in Vietnam and elsewhere to waste my life and hopefully make it for them , what they lost for us.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Down East Labs 217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hubert NC
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Swampy #3 is a great post. Most liberals will disagree with you but you are spot on.
    Richard Reese

    Chesty Puller's Cocoa SH
    CC's Bublin Shasta SH
    RWR"s BackDraft Blaze "Smoky" MH
    RWR's Hot Chocolate Devil Dog "Damien" MH
    RWR's Hot Chocolate Mocha Java "Java" MH
    Creamlevels Amber Waves of Grain "Brandy" MH
    CCR's Black Rose "Rosie" MH
    Lexis Cocoa Mocha Luka "Mocha" MH

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Not sure of your age group, so it is hard to make any comments from this perspective. I know that 80%+ of Americans 'define' themselves as Christians or Jews....sounds like a good number, yet the continuing decline of morality, especially of our young adults is concerning. Many of these still identify themselves as Christians, but they live like heathens.

    When you say doom and gloom, I say 'head in sand'....! I have worked with kids (started in my 20's, many good kids.) I still see many 'good kids'...but the bad ones I see are so much worse than they used to be and there are more of them. These 'bad kids' used to be shunned by most kids, they were social outcasts. Now they are admired by many considered to be "rad" and for sure are not outcasts to many of the young kids. That is a change I have noticed in the last 20 yrs.
    Remember hearing my grandparents, then my parents saying the same thing

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    380

    Default

    I am not sure why you quote President Bush on this subject. Seems out of place, I feel certain he was referring to standing against Islamic terrorism. The actions --or non-actions -- taken under Obama and the results prove that President Bush was correct. The "world drifting towards tragedy" did not happen under GW Bush's watch. It was a headlong rush towards same under doofus, however.


    The action we take and the decisions we make in this decade will have consequences far into this century. If America shows weakness and uncertainty, the world will drift toward tragedy. That will not happen on my watch.
    George W. Bush

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,550

    Default

    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

    Abraham Lincoln


    The action we take and the decisions we make in this decade will have consequences far into this century. If America shows weakness and uncertainty, the world will drift toward tragedy. That will not happen on my watch.
    George W. Bush


    Talk about polar opposites, Abe addresses losses to our Freedoms and destroying ourselves from within. Bush brings in the Patriot Act which does exactly that.
    Last edited by mngundog; 04-16-2015 at 12:17 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    7,070

    Default

    Amen......

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

    Abraham Lincoln


    The action we take and the decisions we make in this decade will have consequences far into this century. If America shows weakness and uncertainty, the world will drift toward tragedy. That will not happen on my watch.
    George W. Bush


    Talk about polar opposites, Abe addresses losses to our Freedoms and destroying ourselves from within. Bush brings in the Patriot Act which does exactly that.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  10. #10
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveMO View Post
    I am not sure why you quote President Bush on this subject. Seems out of place, I feel certain he was referring to standing against Islamic terrorism. The actions --or non-actions -- taken under Obama and the results prove that President Bush was correct. The "world drifting towards tragedy" did not happen under GW Bush's watch. It was a headlong rush towards same under doofus, however.
    Steve..you are correct....on all counts....I did it for two reasons....

    1. As you say, shows Bush was correct!

    2. To get mngundog, Buzzy, and mjh345 fired up! AND IT WORKED! LOL....I LOVE IT! A bit surprised Franco didn't jump in though....??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •