The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Birthright Citizenship

Default Birthright Citizenship

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/...t-citizenship/

Mark Levin's remarks on this issue.

He then put up a quotationfrom Citizenship Clause author Senator Jacob Howard (R-MI) during the debate on the 14th Amendment that “Every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction is, by virtue of natural law and national law, a citizen of the [United States]. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers, accredited to the government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons.”
    The clause speaks for itself, the author of the clause made it abundantly, unequivocally clear, let’s add another thing, let’s read the clause together, shall we? ‘All persons born or naturalized in the United States.’ Let’s stop there. If it means what the proponents of birthright citizenship say, it would stop right there. ‘All persons born or naturalized in the United States’ are citizens. There’s no need for anything else, but that’s what it says. Then it says, and, ‘subject to the jurisdiction thereof.’
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Diplomats and ambassadors get what is called diplomatic immunity.

Diplomatic immunity is a form of legal immunity that ensures diplomats are given safe passage and are considered not susceptible to lawsuit or prosecution under the host country's laws, although they can still be expelled.

Last time I checked, the rest of do not, and neither do illegals or other foreigners. So, therefore we all are "subject to the jurisdiction thereof," me thinks.
    Last edited by Buzz; 08-20-2015 at 09:38 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote:

Guaranteed Rights of Citizenship to all Persons Born or Naturalized: The right of citizenship in the Fourteenth Amendment was intended to overturn the case of Dred Scott v. Sanford, a decision that had long been considered as one of the Supreme Court’s worst mistakes. Dred Scott, born into slavery, argued that he should be granted freedom from the family that claimed ownership over him because he had lived in free states and thus had become a citizen of the United States before returning to Missouri, a state where slavery was sanctioned.
    Chief Justice Taney, denying Scott’s appeal, held that African Americans were not citizens, and therefore were “not included, and were not intended to be included, under the word citizens.” By specifically granting citizenship to all persons born or naturalized, the Fourteenth Amendment has not only guaranteed citizenship to former slaves but to most children born within the United States, even if the child’s parents are not and cannot become citizens.

Taken from this article": http://constitutioncenter.org/consti...zenship-rights

It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/...t-citizenship/

Mark Levin's remarks on this issue.
    Gerry, this has already been through the Supreme Court, the ruling was 6-2 against your blog's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Gerry, this has already been through the Supreme Court, the ruling was 6-2 against your blog's opinion.

Interesting. Could you give us the name of the decision and date.. Example: Blank Vs Blank 19xx

I would like to read the decision.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

Never mind! Got it!

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-suprem...t/169/649.html

So much for Levin and Trump claiming that there had never been a decision on this,,and that most people running their mouth about the 14th amendment dont know what they are talking about!!

Confused as usual,,,,, Gooser

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Never mind! Got it!

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-suprem...t/169/649.html

So much for Levin and Trump claiming that there had never been a decision on this,,and that most people running their mouth about the 14th amendment dont know what they are talking about!!

Confused as usual,,,,, Gooser
    Ahh, but did you read it? Mr Wong's parents were not here illegally, they had set up residence and domicile but there is no mention of them having broke the law to come here. This was prior to most of those laws even existing. So Trump and Levin were correct. The liberal from Minnesota is incorrect as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Ahh, but did you read it? Mr Wong's parents were not here illegally, they had set up residence and domicile but there is no mention of them having broke the law to come here. This was prior to most of those laws even existing. So Trump and Levin were correct. The liberal from Minnesota is incorrect as usual.
    It is you who didn't read it, the liberal from Iowa is incorrect once again. If you had read the opinion you would have read the exceptions to anchor baby citizenship which were clearly laid out, instead you read a blog that failed to mention it.
    Last edited by mngundog; 08-20-2015 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Focus on these words "and subject to their jurisdiction"
    And this mental giant claims an IQ of 149
    I believe you unknowingly must have been in "counter" intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Focus on these words "and subject to their jurisdiction"
    And this mental giant claims an IQ of 149
    I believe you unknowingly must have been in "counter" intelligence
    And that is the argument, if the parents are here illegally are the considered to be subject to their jurisdition. The linked case said NOTHING of the parents being here illegally, there were no immigrations laws in 1895 to have violated. Its an argument that has not yet been heard by the Supreme Court, that is fact. I guess that's why you were dis-barred and not let back in, you don't understand basic court cases among your other violations.

Mark Levin has actually argued in front of the Supreme Court. Unlike being a 2 bit ambulance chaser like yourself
    Last edited by IowaBayDog; 08-20-2015 at 09:08 PM.