The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The dark & dirty side of retriever training

Great Tail,
    Never had it myself but had the "call to help, I have bier" 2 times. Not the same person ether, it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Lee View Post
    Mark, I am your friend and I have acess to 30minute air packs(like firemen use)for next time.......and yes there will be a next timeLOL
    Just so you all know, a big ol' gob of Vicks Vapo-Rup mushed into your moustache and your good to go for at least 20 min. It works!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Junior Member Sundance Retrievers's Avatar

That was a great story!

my eyes are watering from your tale, from the thought of the rank and vile sorry I laughed as you described the scentsy glade convention as you walked into the room... wondering it she had used Febreze you would be odor free?
    ...my dead bird freezer in the first floor garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Just so you all know, a big ol' gob of Vicks Vapo-Rup mushed into your moustache and your good to go for at least 20 min. It works!
    Sorry but that doesn't help the clean shaven. I think the putrefaction of mixed mallard/pheasant parts would overpower such a weak odor such as Vicks. I am looking for one of those suits that they used to space walk outside the space shuttle. That contraption might give you 20 minutes.

If it ever happens again, I am calling the Fabreze folks. If they can get someone to spray & sniff without puking, I will invest my entire retirement account in their stock. It also appears nonflammable as it was certainly mixed in great volume with candles.
    Mark Land

Fishduck , reading your story reminded me of a family vacation we took to Virginia beach about 7 years ago. Our refrigerator ,stand up freezer and microwave where all plugged into a power strip. We where set to be gone 8 days I think (we drove) . For some dumb reason I decide to unplug the microwave, while doing so I didnt realize I unplugged the freezer and refrigerator. 8 days later after a 16 hour straight drive home ,The smell hit us before we could open the house door , everything had defrosted and a red layer of blood and anything else covered the kitchen floor so after a long drive ,I had to drag to appliances outside and mop the floor.... in between dry heaves ....didnt go on vacation for several years after that!
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Don't feel sorry for Fishduck. His ducks smelled that way BEFORE the freezer quit working! I have spent many a day with Fishduck training with featherless blue-skinned ducks with maggots dropping out of them, AND THOSE WERE HIS GOOD DUCKS! That is why our dogs are so fast, in order to be rewarded with a retrieve they must beat the buzzards to the bird.

L Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

Lot of truth there. Lot of truth. But we love him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Spann View Post
    Don't feel sorry for Fishduck. His ducks smelled that way BEFORE the freezer quit working! I have spent many a day with Fishduck training with featherless blue-skinned ducks with maggots dropping out of them, AND THOSE WERE HIS GOOD DUCKS! That is why our dogs are so fast, in order to be rewarded with a retrieve they must beat the buzzards to the bird.

L Spann
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

And y'all keep coming back for more! I am ready for hunting season to end so I can get back to training. Hope y'all have ducks!
    Mark Land

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Spann View Post

L Spann
    Just don't let him cook your Frogmore Stew...
    Bill Davis

Great story , loved it!!