The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What duck/phesant/turkey auto loader shotgun should I buy? Any why?

Default What duck/phesant/turkey auto loader shotgun should I buy? Any why?

I'm in the market for a new shotgun for duck/pheasant/turkey automatic shotgun 3" only. I have a friend that owns a gun shop and he has the following:

Browning New Maxus or A5
    Remington New 11-87, 1100, New Versamax
    Winchester New SX3
    Benelli SBE Lightly Uses 12 ga. 28 inch barrel like new condition w/box, paperwork, chokes. He is not a stocking dealer but he got this one in on consignment.
    Beretta New A400 Camo 28" barrel

Which one of the above do you own, have shot, and would recommend. Have you had any problems or bad experiences out of any of the above? I'm looking at either a 28" or 26" barrell. Thanks

Benelli SBE, hard to beat them

Benelli SBE or Winchester SX-3

Another Nod to the SBE II, ( I assume it is a II, no very many Original SBE's with light use. They are work horses!!
    "Owned by Three AWS's"

Luke 6:38
    Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

There are things you just can't fix. Can't fix stupid, can't fix a neutered dog & you can't fix junk!

American Water Spaniel Club, AKC - Parent Club
    http://www.americanwaterspanielclub.org/

Robert "BAYDOG" Goodman

All of the guns in your list have good track records from what I know. I would handle all of them and see which one you like best.

I shoot Remington and Winchester, and recently a Browning , but I have also owned/shot a Kreighoff and a Beretta ..

Find the gun that feels good when you shoulder it...its like holding a fine woman in your arms, you know which one you want to take home
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Berrretta a400 extreme

Beretta A400 extreme.
    Lone Oak's Marley Man.. (My first)

The one that fits you best will make for better shooting.

I have an original SBE that's been a fantastic shotgun. It's ultra reliable, even when dirty, breaks down for cleaning in seconds, cycles everything I've put through it (It did however take a couple hundred rounds of breaking in before it would consistently feed target loads. All other shells were fine from the get go). The only real drawback to it is the barrel will rust very quickly from any moisture if not maintained. But I understand that they've since resolved this. After a hunt I field strip mine and take a hot shower with it, let it dry (only takes a couple minutes due to thee hot water) then run a Bore snake through the barrel and wipe it down with a lightly oiled cloth.. Still looks new after 17 years of regular use.

Close your eyes and hold each one, shoulder and swing with eyes closed and buy the one that feels the best.