The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paper or Plastic

Default Paper or Plastic

This is a good starting point to determine if a person is a sheep. I define them as believing everything which comes out thier party leader's pie holes. Just think about it and you will know where you fall.

1.) It was in thing to get plastic bags, saving the forest, for years.

2.) Then it was it back to paper instead of the plastic because they are filling up the land fills.

3.) Now the sheep carry their own bag into the store.

Dan
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 01-16-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Personally, as a tree-hugger, environmentalist, hunter, wildlife biologist, nature photographer, I have always HATED plastic bags. They are made from petroleum, never biodegrade, blow out of the landfill (when people actually throw them in the trash as opposed to out their car windows), and are a blight on the landscape (plus they have no structural integrity and every time I go around a curve, anything round in my groceries goes flying across the truck). Paper is my first choice. Paper sacks come from trees (a renewable natural resource that actually cleans CO2 from the atmosphere and replaces it with oxygen), they do bio degrade, and they STAND UP, so when I go around a curve, my groceries (mostly) stay put. What really drives me crazy are the little plastic produce bags. I can see where they are necessary if you are buying grapes, cherries, leaf lettuce, broccoli, etc., but why would someone put ONE onion, a bunch of bananas, one cucumber, etc. in a separate plastic bag (putting bananas in a plastic bag really baffles me, they are pre-wrapped in a durable peel, and are already hooked together!!!). It's not like the thin, wispy, plastic bags protect your produce. Just more trash for the landfill or local lake, fence, or treetop. For the produce bags, if you really need one, use, but think before you act.
    Last edited by HPL; 01-16-2014 at 09:38 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I admit I shop at Whole Foods...I like their products, not their pricing, but their switch from plastic back to paper has lost me more than a few items because the handles on the paper bags break at the least vit of weight , even when double bagged...They have great produce and a very good choice of granola...and one of the best wine shoppes in the county...Now the Whole Foods in Austin is a whole nuther world,I used to go there in the mornings because they made the best fruit smoothies before places like jamba juice came along,but you also felt like you stepped in a time warp of the Haight -Ashbury times of Berkley Ca.
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Dan, why do you have to use pejorative terms for people trying to act responsibly with the environment?
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

We have a number of spare bumper bags we acquired at dog events as well as similar bags as gratuities from other activities. They make perfect grocery bags.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

plastic is biodegradeable. you enivionmentalists are just impatient!
    john mccallie

I assume most here are avid outdoorsmen/women. So it feels odd to see such contempt for conservationists.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Who knew paper bags were something only a stupid, left wing liberal activist with no ability to think for themselves would use?

-And reusable cloth bags? Only a moron would use them. ROTFLMAO!!!!-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I assume most here are avid outdoorsmen/women. So it feels odd to see such contempt for conservationists.
    Big difference, at least in my mind, between a conservationist and an environmentalist!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Boy Buzz, you must not have been paying much attention to POTUS for the last couple of years. I have found by voicing my conservationist ethic that conservationists/environmentalists are the most reviled group here (and not well thought of on the main board either).
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com