The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Paper or Plastic

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Glad you mentioned that HPL. The ones I was looking at were well made and entirely washable. They had the store's logo on them and I refuse to help that store advertise.
    Just be careful on any size bags you buy. I bought a couple from Sams's. They are not cloth but very sturdy and I clean mine with a wipe down of a mild beach solution. Anyway I have found that grocery baggers tended to load these large heavy duty bags up with heavy items. Think piling in dozens of cans or maybe 8 2 liter soda bottles in one bag! I don;t take those into stores anymore . I use them to load my sams club purchase in at my car or I use them to contain those plastic bags in my trunk.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

[QUOTE=Ken Bora;1180367]
    And they make great book covers!!
    How the heck does a kid cover a math book with a plastic bag!?!?

QUOTE]

I had forgotten all about doing that! I don't even know why we had to cover them.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    .... I don't even know why we had to cover them.
    so they looked good for the kid who got it next year.
    respect of property, so 1960's I know
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    so they looked good for the kid who got it next year.
    respect of property, so 1960's I know
    When I was in the 9th grade the school Superintendent went through all the books & decided we needed to pay for the damage. Full price for every book. My bill came to $23.68 which in those days was a significant sum. When i handed him the check for the books I said I wanted them, he asked why, & I said I planned to organize all the other students & we would put the books in a pile in front of the school, pour a jug of Kerosene over them & have a bonfire. Everyone in school got there check back .

At the time (the 40's) I did not realize the significance to an educator & their career of that act.

He moved on that year but tried to recruit me to come to their school as a senior to play sports. Fortunately I really liked my coach so didn't do something stupid.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    When I was in the 9th grade the school Superintendent went through all the books & decided we needed to pay for the damage. Full price for every book. My bill came to $23.68 which in those days was a significant sum. When i handed him the check for the books I said I wanted them, he asked why, & I said I planned to organize all the other students & we would put the books in a pile in front of the school, pour a jug of Kerosene over them & have a bonfire. Everyone in school got there check back .

At the time (the 40's) I did not realize the significance to an educator & their career of that act.

He moved on that year but tried to recruit me to come to their school as a senior to play sports. Fortunately I really liked my coach so didn't do something stupid.
    Geez Marv, book burning in th 40's, what were you thinking ?
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    While I recognize the need for authority - I have an inherent distrust of misplaced authority & over the years have exercised my constitutionally granted right to challenge . & at the time did not know the significance of what I was planning to do.

That's why I never will consider Snowden anything but a traitor - he failed big time to go through the checks & balances built into the system, & they exist.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    A double of those plastic grocery bags are useful for cleaning out the cat's litter box. Scoop, tie, and toss in the trash. Yup, I just recycled them.
    This is semantics but my wife, being in the waste/trash business her entire career, tells the died in the wool tree huggers. This is actually not recycling it is reuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    it was the 1640's and he was thinking those pilgrams were way too liberal
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    ayup
    you be Ten Bears?
    I am Ten Bears.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    This is semantics but my wife, being in the waste/trash business her entire career, tells the died in the wool tree huggers. This is actually not recycling it is reuse.
    This may be a bit nit-picky, but I believe that it is "dyed in the wool" referring to being very steadfast as fabric is colorfast if the wool is dyed before being spun into thread.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com