The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paper or Plastic

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Boy Buzz, you must not have been paying much attention to POTUS for the last couple of years. I have found by voicing my conservationist ethic that conservationists/environmentalists are the most reviled group here (and not well thought of on the main board either).
    I think it has something to do with the perception that all environmentalists are cut from the same cloth as the animal rights crowd.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Bon, IMO, many hunters and outdoors people are good stewards onf the land when they are in the outdoors. But it doesn't always carry over to daily life. With a bit more effort, perhaps the mess at Lee Kay wouldn't be as bad. That being said, a slob is a slob wherever they go and none of us should stand for it.

JMHO
    you and I practice the same practice when it comes to game,I dispose of them the same as you..
    the two reasons I pick up 98% of my hulls is my oldest brother would make me account for my shots so I wouldnt waste them, I was allotted 1 box of shells for a 12 bird dove limit, got to the point where I could do it in 20, my best being 14 shells..I even used a shell catcher on my 1100, if I wasnt shooting an O/U

The other reason I learned to pick up all my hulls(besides reloading them) is that we didnt want anyone to know where the honey holes were

Nothing we can do at Lee Kay the dump will eventually make LK unusable
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I think it has something to do with the perception that all environmentalists are cut from the same cloth as the animal rights crowd.
    I wouldn't throw the two groups together. The environmentalists may just be clicker or treat trainers.

No clicker, no treats, but I am what I believe is sometimes referred to as an "Amish" trainer.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I admit I shop at Whole Foods...I like their products, not their pricing, but their switch from plastic back to paper has lost me more than a few items because the handles on the paper bags break at the least vit of weight , even when double bagged...They have great produce and a very good choice of granola...and one of the best wine shoppes in the county...Now the Whole Foods in Austin is a whole nuther world,I used to go there in the mornings because they made the best fruit smoothies before places like jamba juice came along,but you also felt like you stepped in a time warp of the Haight -Ashbury times of Berkley Ca.
    Hell Bon... Admit it. You go there to enjoy the view.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Hell Bon... Admit it. You go there to enjoy the view.
    Oh He** NO...not into the earthy type, that doest shave,and wears the frumpy smocks that look like a pillowcase, and look like the manson clan....

The best flora and fauna watching areas in Austin are along the hike and bike trail near Town lake and Zilker park, and of course the University near the Drag or sorority row. There are a few Starbucks that I have been known frequent during my time there
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I consider myself to be a conservationist/environmentalist and HUNTER, but my contempt for the animal rightists are in terms not printable here. They are not cut from the same cloth.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 01-18-2014 at 06:59 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLandR View Post
    Anyone want to address the real reason hunters and fishermen don't leave the remains of the day's taking (entrails, etc) in the woods or river or lake anymore? (It's not because they don't degrade, decompose, or otherwise disappear....)

(Big hint: it's along the same lines a why you no longer see deer strapped to the roof of the Vista Cruiser or the Nomad....)
    Not in my case. We respect the land owners and property we use. PETA can pound sand. Most of us could care less about PETA but prefer to leave the property as we found it.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Not in my case. We respect the land owners and property we use. PETA can pound sand. Most of us could care less about PETA but prefer to leave the property as we found it.
    A gut pile in the woods isn't there long at all. Between coyotes, foxes, crows, ravens and many other critters it would be reduced to a stain on the ground in no time. Just leave it out of sight. All this feel good stuff is a joke.
    Last edited by huntinman; 01-18-2014 at 09:00 PM.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Oh He** NO...not into the earthy type, that doest shave,and wears the frumpy smocks that look like a pillowcase, and look like the manson clan....

The best flora and fauna watching areas in Austin are along the hike and bike trail near Town lake and Zilker park, and of course the University near the Drag or sorority row. There are a few Starbucks that I have been known frequent during my time there
    Come on Bon... Don't tell me you didn't tiptoe through the tulips a time or two
    Bill Davis