The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody in the San Fernando Valley area?

Default Anybody in the San Fernando Valley area?

I'm heading south on Tuesday, will drive down to train and trial in the Lost Hills area for three weeks. My best friend lives in Burbank and I'll be visiting him with my dogs on Saturday the 25th. Thought I might show him some land blinds or something, but don't know where to train. I imagine they have strict leash laws in that area. I was thinking Griffith Park or Sepulveda Dam.

Thanks,
    John

Prado Dog Park http://www.prado-recreation.com/ Give your dog a bath afterwards if you can find any clean water. Enjoy. Harry
    "Sometimes we just gotta do what is right". Jerry 2006

See ya in the field. HPW

Thanks Harry, I thought about that, but it is way too far for just a quick session to show my buddy what we do. Griffith Park is five minutes from his house, the Dam about twenty. I'll be training up in Lost Hills every other day I'm down there.

bump.......

If you go to the part of Griffith Park that is in Burbank off Riverside Dr, behind all the horse stables, there are some "rough"-not lawn-areas that you could train on for what you want to do with your friend. Check for glass if you are right by a road...broken beer bottles in some areas.
    Marlana Smith
    APR SHR TDK's Dusty Gunslinger JH - "Churchill"
    CPR Max's Black Diamond Girl Scout JH - "Scout"

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Quote Originally Posted by pupaloo View Post
    If you go to the part of Griffith Park that is in Burbank off Riverside Dr, behind all the horse stables, there are some "rough"-not lawn-areas that you could train on for what you want to do with your friend. Check for glass if you are right by a road...broken beer bottles in some areas.
    Thank you, I could almost walk there from my friends house.

John : are you going to run any of the trials down in Niland or just the ones in Lost Hills ?
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    John : are you going to run any of the trials down in Niland or just the ones in Lost Hills ?
    Just the northern California trials Bon. I was supposed to Judge Niland in March but the trial was cancelled. I plan on training with Eric Fangsrud for a week, run a trial in Corning (near Redding), then train another week and run Anderson also near Redding. At that point I'll head home with Alex but leave Gus behind with Eric for the rest of the winter trip.

Quote Originally Posted by pupaloo View Post
    Just keep in mind that leash laws down here are very strict and NO poppers!

I have a decent park in Granada Hills where I run Marks, and Blinds every morning. Some times people wanna watch some times their mutts chase my dog around while he's working but 4 outta 5 times we get some work done. If you wanna toss bumpers for each other we can. No water/gun fire but hup hups seem to be OK...
    Some days your the dog, some days your the hydrant!