The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The I-96 Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    No doubt about that. He deserves to go away for a very long time. Terrorism though is separate from what this guy did. I feel that a prerequisite for a terrorism charge ought to be some political motivation behind the violence or the threat of it. Even though what this guy did was very scary, I don't consider what he did an act of terror because he wasn't after a political goal. He is a criminal not a terrorist. Those terrorism laws were special tools for special cases and it concerns me that they are being abused by using them against more common criminals rather than the intended targets.
    I think I agree with you that this terror is the result of a sick individual and not the type of terror we have come to know since 911. And there is some over-reaching going on with the authorities in the way fighting terror.

I have been struggling with what has been going on with reguard to my freedoms, but at the same time, the world has become very dangerous, and I think I may have to live with the thought that someone is reading and listening to my private life. If they want to listen in, I have nothing to hide.

However, I know that good people are going to get hurt because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    I think I agree with you that this terror is the result of a sick individual and not the type of terror we have come to know since 911. And there is some over-reaching going on with the authorities in the way fighting terror.

I have been struggling with what has been going on with reguard to my freedoms, but at the same time, the world has become very dangerous, and I think I may have to live with the thought that someone is reading and listening to my private life. If they want to listen in, I have nothing to hide.

However, I know that good people are going to get hurt because of this.
    The Government has absolutely no business listening on the lives of private individuals in the name of fighting crime, what a joke. The Republicans and Democrats should of collectively took turns ripping up our Constitution the day the Patriot Act was signed as a symbolic gesture of how much they care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    The Government has absolutely no business listening on the lives of private individuals in the name of fighting crime, what a joke. The Republicans and Democrats should of collectively took turns ripping up our Constitution the day the Patriot Act was signed as a symbolic gesture of how much they care for it.
    I agree with you absolutely!! However, I'm not sure anymore that I can have those freedoms and be safe. So many want to hurt us and how do you defend yourself against these cowards that lurk among us.

When this all started, I thought we took it too far and I still believe that our meddling into other countries affairs makes us vulnerable. Obviously we are not going to keep to our self, so these threats will continue and with the current means at their disposal to hurts us, it's scary and just going to get worse.

I agree with you absolutely!! However, I'm not sure anymore that I can have those freedoms and be safe. So many want to hurt us and how do you defend yourself against these cowards that lurk among us.

When this all started, I thought we took it too far and I still believe that our meddling into other countries affairs makes us vulnerable. Obviously we are not going to keep to our self, so these threats will continue and with the current means at their disposal to hurts us, it's scary and just going to get worse.
    That sentence sums it up well, and to think the Republicans and Democrats feel the need to gut the Constitution to protect us from the damage they have done is pretty repulsive.

I would rather be free than safe. We cast off to much freedom for one attack.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."