The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sochi?

Default Sochi?

Anybody here going? Would you go if you could? I know many will watch at some level if they have an interest, but many do not.

Personally, I'm glad I'm a half a world away.....
    JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 01-22-2014 at 06:52 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

if the travel requires a passport, count me out.

but i was in sochi several years ago......i think it was for a white sox game.
    john mccallie

The transportation to and from the city would be my main concern. If i looked like one of the guys from Duck Dynasty a shave would be in order. Otherwise you may never come back, per Vladimir.

I have a good friend who will probably be shooting some of the events. Need to email him and see if I need to be searching the banks of big white lenses to see if I can spot him. He has shot the last ten or twelve Olympics with the exception of the last summer games when he was kayaking down the headwaters of the Amazon on a National Geographic shoot. He is fearless, has shot Bosnia, Rwanda, Afghanistan, etc. As for me, no time, no money, don't like crowds or standing in line.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I have a good friend who will probably be shooting some of the events. Need to email him and see if I need to be searching the banks of big white lenses to see if I can spot him. He has shot the last ten or twelve Olympics with the exception of the last summer games when he was kayaking down the headwaters of the Amazon on a National Geographic shoot. He is fearless, has shot Bosnia, Rwanda, Afghanistan, etc. As for me, no time, no money, don't like crowds or standing in line.

From what I hear about the lack of ticket sales, I doubt your concern about crowds and standing in lines would be a problem.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

At first I thought the pics of the uniforms were a joke, looks like grandmas ugly Christmas sweaters, a new rock bottom. At least they aren't made in China this time.

I love watching the winter Olympics on TV but have never had a desire to actually go to any venue and see them live. What I've heard about Sochi sounds particularly scary.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

without Lindsey Vonn where is the excitement ...besides her I couldnt even name another US athlete going to Sochi
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I'm with you, Bon. Ever since Peekaboo Street aged out, I've lost interest.

BTW, how old is the dog in your avatar? My guy, Da Bull, was 10 when we went down with cancer.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Jamie Anderson will be competing in slopestyle snowboarding. She is the Grandaughter of Pete Plourde who is a good friend of mine. She has won in this event at the X-GAMES 4 times. She is favored to win the Gold.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.