The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sochi?

I like the ski jumping and the Alpine down hill races.

Who could forget Eddie the Eagle Edwards!
    Last edited by road kill; 01-24-2014 at 03:11 PM.

I was hooked on the Winter Olympics back in 1960 held in Squaw Valley. I was a young boy living in the mountains of Colorado, watching on a small black and white TV, when the American Hockey team won a gold medal. First one in Hockey, in the Olympics for the USA
    Twenty years later 1980, I watched the American Hockey team again win Olympic Gold! Wow was that fun. Most know that their coach the late Herb Brooks, was on the U.S. Hockey Team in 1960 right before the Olympics, he was the last man cut from the team. These are now known as the “Forgotten Miracle” and “The Miracle on ice”

Following the 1960 games I was forever a fan of the Winter games, Hockey, Skiing, Sledding, Skating, etc....I watch all I have time for.....

I hope all our kids stay safe....

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    I was hooked on the Winter Olympics back in 1960 held in Squaw Valley. I was a young boy living in the mountains of Colorado, watching on a small black and white TV, when the American Hockey team won a gold medal. First one in Hockey, in the Olympics for the USA
    Twenty years later 1980, I watched the American Hockey team again win Olympic Gold! Wow was that fun. Most know that their coach the late Herb Brooks, was on the U.S. Hockey Team in 1960 right before the Olympics, he was the last man cut from the team. These are now known as the “Forgotten Miracle” and “The Miracle on ice”

Following the 1960 games I was forever a fan of the Winter games, Hockey, Skiing, Sledding, Skating, etc....I watch all I have time for.....

I hope all our kids stay safe....
    The GREATEST upset in sports history!!!!

Last edited by road kill; 01-24-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

In team sports, more than likely!

On an individual note, Rulon Gardner's victory over the invincible Russian has to be right up there.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

I was going to counter with a fat, alcoholic, unknown, who was the last alternate on the PGA tour, who drove across the Country to play and win the PGA Championship in 1991, then it hit me, golf isn't a sport. So I have to agree, that's probably the greatest upset in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    I'm with you, Bon. Ever since Peekaboo Street aged out, I've lost interest.

BTW, how old is the dog in your avatar? My guy, Da Bull, was 10 when we went down with cancer.

UB
    Both Mirk and his sister Nola are happily retired and should(God willing) celebrate their 13th birthdays in late February..he just sired a litter of pups (AI) that hit the ground in August..we kept two, a YLM named Gator (Quickstart Navigator) and a BLF named Maggie (Mirk's Iron Lady or Mirk's Ms Thatcher)

Thanks for asking
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"