The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drake Waterfowl clothing

I have owned a ton of Drake gear and have given it all away. I am extremely unhappy with both the customer service and the cheap zippers and components that are used on all of their gear. Not to mention that their stuff is far from waterproof. I wouldn't waste my money. At the time I bought it their stuff was the best out there but now there are way better options for the money. My new system is Columbia but there are other good options out there too.

Thanks everyone for the feedback
    .Jimmy

I have a lst jacket that is awesome so far.
    Kept me dry in the little rain/snow we have gotten, very warm down into the single digits, without heavy layers, roomy and comfortable, and has tons of convenient pockets.
    I want another!

picked up a drake liner synthetic , was disappointed it didn't have a loop to hang it up .
    I can sew a loop but should not have to for the $$ they cost didn't notice in the store.

I have the EST and MST pullovers. I also just bought the LST down jacket. All seem to be well made and I haven't had any problems with them. I do wait for specials from place like Wing Supply that has them for up to 50% off. I found the down jacket at TxFowler.com for 50% off last month. I'm not sure thay are worth the MSRP. But, when bought at discount, they are good values.

Buck

Great products that are expensive but worth it. Have EST, MST, and LST products and are my primary hunting clothing along with some for everyday wear. Have not tried the waders but from everything I have seen dont care what brand they are all going to leak at some point.
    Lone Oak's Marley Man.. (My first)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Ausmus View Post
    Is the Quality worth the cost or is there a better value out there?
    In my opinion they are not in the least bit. I have a Drake LST 4-1 Parka (it's the second one I have had, the first was replaced by the online internet supplier I purchased it from). As noted I am on my second, Drake customer service wouldn't replace the first one after the pockets literally fell off after the first time I wore it. The online supplier was nice enough to. However this second one now has stitching failure after one seasons use.

Bottom line - I'll never wear another product with a Drake logo on it.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

I've had great luck with the gear. Love the old school camo.

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    In my opinion they are not in the least bit. I have a Drake LST 4-1 Parka (it's the second one I have had, the first was replaced by the online internet supplier I purchased it from). As noted I am on my second, Drake customer service wouldn't replace the first one after the pockets literally fell off after the first time I wore it. The online supplier was nice enough to. However this second one now has stitching failure after one seasons use.

Bottom line - I'll never wear another product with a Drake logo on it.
    I have the same jacket. Stitching issues after the first season, and the zipper and button snaps ripped off the shell soon there after. This was purchased 4 years ago so things might have changed but I have since bought Mack's waders and pullover and am extremely happy with both. I do miss the waterproof quality of the Drake pullovers though.

I like the clothing of Drake but not the waders.