The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Chimera" Lab

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Thanks for setting the record straight, Matt. How is Texas? It is nippy in Georgia, but not cold enough yet to freeze a banana so it can be smashed like glass with a hammer.

That's a great pix. My complements to the photographer!
    Texas is God's country ya know !!

I'd make a smart-a$$ed remark but I'll refrain.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

My thought when I saw the chimera pup is that it looks to me to have hound in there. Very fine boned, round eyes, paws are tiny for a lab, etc. Would like to see a side profile personally.
    OTOH, the mismarks on some of the internet sites of black and tans truly look like Rotties. I guess if one popped up in a litter here, I'd not have so much doubt as to origins, but it's really hard to tell that some of these dogs are purebred labs.

I hope I never produce something that looked like the original dog in post. Would be awfully hard to move a dog that looked like that, from a quality litter!
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    I hope I never produce something that looked like the original dog in post. Would be awfully hard to move a dog that looked like that, from a quality litter!
    I'd buy that dog in a minute! Would never breed but love the looks and DNA story.
    Becky
    Life is Good . . . Do what you like - Like what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    My thought when I saw the chimera pup is that it looks to me to have hound in there. Very fine boned, round eyes, paws are tiny for a lab, etc. Would like to see a side profile personally.
    OTOH, the mismarks on some of the internet sites of black and tans truly look like Rotties. I guess if one popped up in a litter here, I'd not have so much doubt as to origins, but it's really hard to tell that some of these dogs are purebred labs.
    Looks to me like that photo was taken with a fairly wide angle lens which distorts its conformation from that angle. Bigger nose, smaller butt, etc. than what it probably looks like in person.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Mary Tatum has a young girl named Mystic in her crew that is a mosaic. Pretty neat looking dog. She has pictures of her on her Facebook page Watermark Retrievers.
    Cody's Gunslingin' Cosmonaut MH QAA (Shooter)

I think that the Mosaic or the Mismarks are different that the Chimera. From my understanding, those are truly mismarks and is completely different. Especially since someone mentioned having a yellow with a black mark and having siblings with black marks as well from two yellow parents. That would mean they couldn't produce black pups at all so we know it isn't a chimera.

What I would find interesting is if one of the dogs combined is a clear or carrier a certain disease and the other was at risk/affected, how would that affect the dog?