The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phillip Morris/new Marlboro spliffs

Default Phillip Morris/new Marlboro spliffs

Don't know if this is really true or not but according to THIS article Phillip Morris is getting on the pot bandwagon with plans to manufacture Marlboro spliffs. Says they've even bought advertising time for them for the 2015 superbowl.

Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

There was a report yesterday on the NFL Channel that the NFL is considering allowing medical MJ for the use in the treatment of Concussions. I think there will be a Concussion epidemic in Pro Football.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

LOL... I read that in the Washington Post op ed last Sunday. But, my views on drugs are more aligned with the Libertarians'. Legalize ALL drugs; the gene pool needs a little chlorine anyway. The tax revenue from them would more than pay for those that needed medical intervention.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Read another perspective on this the other day:
    We see that with tobacco that taxation that raises the price too high for the users, will create a "black market" for the product. Some are marginally legal ... like those mail-order cigarettes (the end user is supposed to pay the taxes on the cigarettes to their state voluntarily). Others are downright illegal run by organized criminals. So, if the states are seeking an income stream from these taxes, and they get greedy about how much they tax them, we'll still be battling the illegal marijuana sources.

We will get to see first-hand the real impact of legal marijuana ... both pros and cons will get a chance to see which opinion proves more accurate.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Julie, you are a Libertarian. You just haven't come to terms with it yet

On another note, I see that AG Holder just lifted all banking restrictions on the shops in Colorado. They were having to do everything in cash. Shop owners were complaining that they had run out of places to hide the cash and need to be able to deposit the money in banks.

This little graphic has gone viral...

Last edited by Franco; 01-24-2014 at 01:40 PM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

On another note, I see that AG Holder just lifted all banking restrictions on the shops in Colorado. They were having to do everything in cash. Shop owners were complaining that they had run out of places to hide the cash and need to be able to deposit the money in banks.
    Why not? He already suspended the Fed law against marijuana in those states. What's one law more or less?

If Obama can suspend laws, I guess the AG can, too.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Don't know if this is really true or not but according to THIS article Phillip Morris is getting on the pot bandwagon with plans to manufacture Marlboro spliffs. Says they've even bought advertising time for them for the 2015 superbowl.

this story is a hoax, but it had me going for a bit.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Why not? He already suspended the Fed law against marijuana in those states. What's one law more or less?

If Obama can suspend laws, I guess the AG can, too.
    Obama is supporting states right to govern themselves at least in this respect. Is that really a problem?
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Obama is supporting states right to govern themselves at least in this respect. Is that really a problem?
    That's nuts! You certainly have a twisted way of looking at things if that is really what you believe. He is selectively enforcing or not enforcing federal law in many different areas. He is trying to legislate through the executive branch. Show me where he is supporting states rights to govern themselves?
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    That's nuts! You certainly have a twisted way of looking at things if that is really what you believe. He is selectively enforcing or not enforcing federal law in many different areas. He is trying to legislate through the executive branch. Show me where he is supporting states rights to govern themselves?
    Presidents have selectively ignored The Constitution for over 200 years! Latest example over the last 40 years would be ignoring the invasion of illegals. Deficit spending would be another. Any Gun Laws for law abiding citizens would be yet another. The list is long!