The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peeing on Front Foot

Default Peeing on Front Foot

When my dog lifts his leg to pee he hits his front foot. This is my third lab and I never saw that before. It doesn't seem to bother him much but is a bit annoying because he lives in the house most of the time. Other than that he is the best dog I've owned. He is about 2 yrs old. Will he grow out of it? He just doesn't lift his leg high enough I guess.

Mine does the same thing but he lifts his leg too high. He looks funny almost like he is going to fall over. Mine is only 10.5 months and I was hoping he would outgrow it soon but it sounds like it may be that way a while after reading your post. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyC View Post
    Mine does the same thing but he lifts his leg too high. He looks funny almost like he is going to fall over. Mine is only 10.5 months and I was hoping he would outgrow it soon but it sounds like it may be that way a while after reading your post. Oh well.
    Mine does the same thing! Runs out and lifts his leg so high he loses his balance and hits his front legs! Hope he grows out of it eventually because it's kind of gross when he comes in with a wet leg and you just know why.

I lost my dog to cancer but after 3 1/2 years he was still pissing on his legs.
    He was a great dog be it hunting or competing so really I could live with pee legs.he lived in the house, it never bothered us.

Sometimes you need to look at the situation and think "is this really worth complaining about" lol.
    Lucky for us the dog was perfect in every other way, so it wasn't,
    Last edited by Marissa E.; 01-24-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Marissa Everett

Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

I recently learned that one of the reasons billy goats stink is because they make sure to pee on themselves; apparently it's like loading up on Axe after football practice. So I wouldn't put it past dogs to do it on purpose.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

I have a female that has to stand up like a man when she is in the kennel to pee. Guess she see's how we do it and doesn't want to get her feet wet.

Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    I recently learned that one of the reasons billy goats stink is because they make sure to pee on themselves; apparently it's like loading up on Axe after football practice. So I wouldn't put it past dogs to do it on purpose.

this right here. just like deer and tarsal glands. they pee on them to communicate with each other. that way when they leave the tree it follows them everywhere they walk for the ladies to know

my guy does it too. whats funny is his peeing spot is on a steep hill. every once in awhile he'll throw that leg so high it makes him lose his balance and down he goes.

i guess if he had his dew claws maybe that wouldnt happen

The dew claws did it for me! I just plain burst out laughin'! Been lurkin' on that subject...... but this was too funny! THANKS!

I would'nt worry about it in time his stream should diminish. Hell I used to be able to pee over the hood of my truck now if I'm not carefull my shoes get wet!

Quote Originally Posted by TDMITCH View Post
    I would'nt worry about it in time his stream should diminish. Hell I used to be able to pee over the hood of my truck now if I'm not carefull my shoes get wet!
    2x mitch I was thinking the same thing!!