The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The demise of the two parent family

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Shame on you! As has been said here before....a stinking pot of jenkem. One minority trashing another.. Classy....
    Easy to trash without walking in another mans shoes, eh JD. You have it all figured out as usual. Classy
    Bill Davis

Based on my upbringing, personal behavior , educational and professional involvement I offer these thoughts. Oftentimes is not the number of parents or who acts as the parents but other factors. I think it is the innate abilities of the individual plus their own motivations that determines what happens. There are numerous studies that essentially indicate that 1- parental guidance which emphasizes no-comprising high standards coupled high achievement expectations . 2- instilling a high degree of impulse control in the individual . 3- creating in the same individual a sense of insecurity that they never quite reach perfection as perceived by themselves or as others view them. Thus, individuals escape their so-called race, color , religion, ethnicity , class..etc.to personal views of success. Think what we do with field trial dogs by way of breeding , selection, stimulation , training and etc. Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    in the last forty years there has been a trend toward single parent families which bodes badly for the nation and society. I pretty much agree with this commentary:

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/c...241905461.html
    If you breed it you feed it. The taxpayer should never be forced to pay by having thier hard earned money grabbed by the gov;t to feed the leeches! If you have a kid that is your issue not mine!'Get your damn gubby paws off of my earned money!!!!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Senior Member Lesa Cozens Dauphin's Avatar

I will live to regret this....but Luvy...couldn't you just once offer up a postive solution instead of the hateful invective you usually throw out there?

lesa c
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers

Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    My dad walked out on my mom when I was 5 and my sister was 2 months old. My mom came from England and had a menial job. My fathers parents took us all in. Yep all 3 of us. My grandfather dug graves and set monuments in the cemetery while working at the steel mill. My grandmother stayed at home. I was the odd child in school growing up without a dad. I thank God for my grandparents who took us in. I was raised with a strong work ethic and to be respectful and truthful.

I really don't don't know how to fix the problem but I do know we all have choices. My choice was not to be like my dad. I decided when I got married it would be for life. This year I will be married to my sweetheart for 38 years.
    Congratulations on those 38 years of marriage. Sounds like you had good people in your life.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Lesa Cozens Dauphin View Post
    I will live to regret this....but Luvy...couldn't you just once offer up a postive solution instead of the hateful invective you usually throw out there?

lesa c
    Say a prayer for the poor guy that's married to her .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Amen, Brother!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Marvin, you and I see eye to eye on way more issues than you would ever believe!!

I have in the past and know I will in the future.

lesa c
    Marty & Lesa
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers
    Fort Worth, Texas
    817-564-3560
    www.ramblinmaxx.com

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Congratulations on those 38 years of marriage. Sounds like you had good people in your life.
    Thank you. I was and am still blessed to have good people in my life especially my wife.
    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?