The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 63

Thread: Which Side Do You Take?????

  1. #31
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,318

    Default

    All Pro-Union and/or Liberals, re-read your comments above....just re-read how hard you all are trying to somehow make what the Teachers Union is doing on this case acceptable or ok!

    Folks, your comments and the unions actions are exactly what has destroyed our educational system over the last 50 years. Private schools and home schooling is becoming the best and only option. Overall Union membership has been dropping for many years, primarily because most clear thinking Americans have seen what they are doing to our country, including our educational system! These facts, speak for the reality of it all and your attempts to somehow justify this show the 'brainwashing' the Liberals and Unions continue to do!

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    All Pro-Union and/or Liberals, re-read your comments above....just re-read how hard you all are trying to somehow make what the Teachers Union is doing on this case acceptable or ok!

    Folks, your comments and the unions actions are exactly what has destroyed our educational system over the last 50 years. Private schools and home schooling is becoming the best and only option. Overall Union membership has been dropping for many years, primarily because most clear thinking Americans have seen what they are doing to our country, including our educational system! These facts, speak for the reality of it all and your attempts to somehow justify this show the 'brainwashing' the Liberals and Unions continue to do!
    One doesn't need to look beyond Government intrusion by idiots like GW (no child left behind), to see whats destroying our schools, but that's a topic for another discussion. Please explain why the administrator who was doing the exact same thing as Harris received no discipline. As pointed out by the arbitrator Harris offended the school board when negotiating the contracts, that was the major difference in two cases.

  3. #33
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    One doesn't need to look beyond Government intrusion by idiots like GW (no child left behind), to see whats destroying our schools, but that's a topic for another discussion. Please explain why the administrator who was doing the exact same thing as Harris received no discipline. As pointed out by the arbitrator Harris offended the school board when negotiating the contracts, that was the major difference in two cases.
    mn...pointing out another's, so called, failures (GW) does nothing to support your argument! And having me justify or not justify the question you have on the administrator, also has no logic that would help you defend what this guy did and why the union is defending him....you will have to do better then that! If two guys are involved in a murdering someone, and one get's off and one get's a death sentence does not lead one to say that that both should die or both should get off....at least not from a logical point of view!

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    mn...pointing out another's, so called, failures (GW) does nothing to support your argument! And having me justify or not justify the question you have on the administrator, also has no logic that would help you defend what this guy did and why the union is defending him....you will have to do better then that! If two guys are involved in a murdering someone, and one get's off and one get's a death sentence does not lead one to say that that both should die or both should get off....at least not from a logical point of view!
    You come off as someone who read the headlines off FauxNews yet refused to read the actual accounts. You name call, yet refuse to discuss the merits of the case. Your murder analogy is completely off base, the arbitrator looked at all the players involved and ruled the Harris was unfairly treated that it all, it would have been apparent if you would have simply read the actual accounts instead of listening to Rush. I expected you to dodge the question because it would have involved you actually looking into the facts.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    you come off as someone who read the headlines off fauxnews yet refused to read the actual accounts. You name call, yet refuse to discuss the merits of the case. Your murder analogy is completely off base, the arbitrator looked at all the players involved and ruled the harris was unfairly treated that it all, it would have been apparent if you would have simply read the actual accounts instead of listening to rush. I expected you to dodge the question because it would have involved you actually looking into the facts.
    bingo!!!!!

  6. #36
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    All Pro-Union and/or Liberals, re-read your comments above....just re-read how hard you all are trying to somehow make what the Teachers Union is doing on this case acceptable or ok!

    Folks, your comments and the unions actions are exactly what has destroyed our educational system over the last 50 years. Private schools and home schooling is becoming the best and only option. Overall Union membership has been dropping for many years, primarily because most clear thinking Americans have seen what they are doing to our country, including our educational system! These facts, speak for the reality of it all and your attempts to somehow justify this show the 'brainwashing' the Liberals and Unions continue to do!
    Whether the Union did right or wrong is not the issue in this matter, but a requirement of fulfilling a contractual arrangement with its member, period. But you refuse to read up on the facts in the issue, prefer ignorance to intelligence, and that is stupidity. Thank God not all posters here are so unenlightened.

    It is a fact that citizens of this country are entitled to the freedom of association, a freedom to peacefully assemble, a freedom to organize around common interests and to collectively pursue their common interests. That describes the basis of the formation of unions. Yet you want to trash those rights just because little you don't like people exercising those rights in a manner that clashes with your rather insular viewpoint.

    "Liberal" is not a pejorative term. It is a point of political outlook. It is not the bane of our society any more than "Conservative" is. Nor is it any more than "Progressive or "Libertarian".

    Your assumptions that Unions = Liberals is based on the kind of crap you have been fed all your life and you still haven't dug it out of your teeth. I dare you to call a Teamster or a Hard Hat a " liberal". Try it on a machinist as well. Cops and firefighters are not known to be flaming liberals either.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 01-27-2014 at 08:13 PM.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Has anyone else evaluated the content of this thread in light of the "10 commandments of logic thread"?
    A few of them come to mind....

    #6 - Though shall not reduce the argument down to only two possibilities when there is a clear middle ground. (“False Dichotomy”)

    #1 - Though shall not attack the person’s character, but the argument itself. (“Ad hominem")

    #8 - Though shall not lay the burn of proof onto him that is questioning the claim. (“Burden of Proof Reversal”).

    #10 - Though shall not claim that because a premise is popular, therefore, it must be true. (“Bandwagon Fallacy”).

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    42

    Default

    As a recently retired school administrator, when I see something that doesn't seem "quite right", I try to read between the lines. Were the teacher's actions appropriate? Absolutely not. If you want to send that stuff around, do it from home computer to home computer. The fact that all except one were given suspensions, would suggest to me a couple of things; this fired teacher had some prior incidence(s) and the school system may have seen this action as the "final" straw and tried to fire on the basis of this one action, and not the accumulated disciplinary records that may be present. I am very much a union supporter, however, from the management side, it isn't that difficult to follow a contract and discipline an employee and stay within the guidelines of a contract.

  9. #39
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,318

    Default

    mn, mj,ze, and hV...glad I got you all in one bucket!

    What you liberals (I know, I know, some of you think of yourselves as moderates....) never get, is that sometimes a little 'common since' should rule....I am fully aware of the 'union' issues and contractual obligations...which give a slick lawyers a way to protect a slime ball in arbitration meetings...while completely ignoring the reality of the situation! Liberals just hate to deal with doing what is right for the kids and society in general....it all about protecting each other, regardless of the impact on our country....



    T

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    mn, mj,ze, and hV...glad I got you all in one bucket!

    What you liberals (I know, I know, some of you think of yourselves as moderates....) never get, is that sometimes a little 'common since' should rule....I am fully aware of the 'union' issues and contractual obligations...which give a slick lawyers a way to protect a slime ball in arbitration meetings...while completely ignoring the reality of the situation! Liberals just hate to deal with doing what is right for the kids and society in general....it all about protecting each other, regardless of the impact on our country....



    T
    Shock, once again you didn't address any issues on the subject, just babbled on as if you didn't even read it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •