The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Which Side Do You Take?????

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegillam View Post
    As a recently retired school administrator, when I see something that doesn't seem "quite right", I try to read between the lines. Were the teacher's actions appropriate? Absolutely not. If you want to send that stuff around, do it from home computer to home computer. The fact that all except one were given suspensions, would suggest to me a couple of things; this fired teacher had some prior incidence(s) and the school system may have seen this action as the "final" straw and tried to fire on the basis of this one action, and not the accumulated disciplinary records that may be present. I am very much a union supporter, however, from the management side, it isn't that difficult to follow a contract and discipline an employee and stay within the guidelines of a contract.
    The arbitrator pointed out that Harris had an unblemished record of 17 years up to that point. Another teacher had a spotty record and received a wrist slap. The difference was Harris was involved with the Union as an officer and negotiator. He had written a report of the contract negotiation to the membership that fell in the hands of the board. They were very displeased with its contents and it the arbitrators belief that this contributed to harsher punishment of Harris. But again read the arbitrator's decision in total. It is quite revealing as to the culture inside the faculty of that school district. There is far, far more to this case than the stilted headlines would suggest,

Again for those who wish to read the arbitrator's decision there is a link below. It makes for fascinating reading.
    http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wkow/...on%20award.pdf

Compare also the Board's action and arbitrator's decision with the principles laid out in the 1966 Enterprise Wire case. It lays out seven principles of due process when discipline of employee. It is the boiler plate arbitrators apply when deciding on a case before them. The principles have been upheld in subsequent court cases. You can see the arbitrator applying the Enterprise ruling in her ruling in this case.
    http://www.utoledo.edu/depts/hr/hsc/pdf/just_cause.pdf

Or if you wish to read Enterprise in its entirety here is a link:
    http://www.hawaii.edu/uhwo/clear/hom...priseWire.html
    Last edited by zeus3925; 01-28-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Zeus that is why you are the "master of the universe!" Where did you find all those links? Computer literate or just higher thinking skills. Good analysis. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Shock, once again you didn't address any issues on the subject, just babbled on as if you didn't even read it.
    mn....I know that the use of the words 'common since' is considered babble by you. Things like truth, honesty, Constitutionality, are also commonly referred to by Liberals as babble....

MNgundog: It appears that Swampy is determined to be a source of rectal discomfort. In Swampy's little world all people and things have labels. That is how he views things.

You can't argue with someone who is intellectually dishonest and proud of it. Getting Swampy to conduct an honest discussion is much like teaching a pig to sing. It frustrates the teacher and infuriates the student.

Speaking of students: Swampy, the term is "common sense". Paste it in your Funk and Wagnall's.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 01-29-2014 at 10:47 AM.
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    mn....I know that the use of the words 'common since' is considered babble by you. Things like truth, honesty, Constitutionality, are also commonly referred to by Liberals as babble....
    Swamp I find it amusing that you frequently mention "COMMON SINCE" in your many {non responsive} posts that only attempt to denigrate the intelligence of anyone who doesn't agree with you

It seems "COMMON SINCE" is one of you favorite catch phrases used to diminish others intelligence or understanding.
    I will close by PROPERLY using your little favorite catch phrase in a sentence.
    It appears that your abilities to understand facts and argue them logically have been pretty COMMON SINCE birth.

Zeus...I think the cold is getting to your brain....like most liberals you would not recognize an honest discussion if you ever had one, it is like you have no truthful thoughts. Your name calling seems to be the extent of your intellectual capacity.

mj...as always you make your arguments by name calling and double talk. You speak about facts and argument with logic...yet you have no facts and make no argument ....same ole, same ole....babble

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Zeus...I think the cold is getting to your brain....like most liberals you would not recognize an honest discussion if you ever had one, it is like you have no truthful thoughts. Your name calling seems to be the extent of your intellectual capacity.

mj...as always you make your arguments by name calling and double talk. You speak about facts and argument with logic...yet you have no facts and make no argument ....same ole, same ole....babble
    Groan!!! Where is that ignore button?
    Zeus

No, no, keep giving him rope. Easier and more reliable than searching for other online entertainment sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    No, no, keep giving him rope. Easier and more reliable than searching for other online entertainment sources.
    Ok, Henry. Just for you! I would guess there isn't much else for entertainment on a winter night in Detroit Lakes.

I think for the most part this thread has run its course. Most people understand the issue when contractual obligations, the right of due process, the arbitration process, and the rule of law are explained. A person with common "since" may have some problem with that. (Isn't "common since " a vernacular expression for cerebral sclerosis?). People with that diagnosis suffer from rigidity of thought and are prone to act on pure emotion and impaired reasoning. They are also known to fixate on persons or groups as an imagined global threats. Their behavior often leads to their being social pariahs. However they are mostly harmless.

Maybe we shouldn't go too hard on poor Swampy. Judging the quality of his discourse, he just may be a cute freckled face kid just recently weened. I guess he is proud of that nice Golden he owns. I wonder if he trains it. Probably it's just a bed warmer. Bet he doesn't know all Goldens are Liberals. They love everybody unconditionally --regardless of political persuasion.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 01-30-2014 at 07:37 AM.
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Bet he doesn't know all Goldens are Liberals. They love everybody unconditionally --regardless of political persuasion.
    Now just a dog gone minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take all the shots you want at Swampy, he deserves them, but to say that about Goldens is a low blow!

Besides, everyone who has ever owned or trained one knows they are independents, totally capable of original thought.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!