The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a best ever???

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    NFC NAFC Greatest FT Dog of All time would be useless if it broke at the sound of a duck call every time. FT only test one aspect of a retrievers talents and frankly pretty useless ones at that.

/Paul
    Most ignorant post you have ever put on this board... And that's saying something....
    Bill Davis

Bill, I'm really waiting for gundogs2002 to come back on here with a "Bazinga" or something!! Surely he's not serious but then again maybe not!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    NFC NAFC Greatest FT Dog of All time would be useless if it broke at the sound of a duck call every time. FT only test one aspect of a retrievers talents and frankly pretty useless ones at that.

/Paul

I guess that Screaming mallard flyer given the 6 shot salute doesn’t count as a duck call...
    Drew Allain

Cajun Made King "Zeus"

Quote Originally Posted by BAYDOG View Post
    I would take a MH , HRCH, MHR , over a FC/AFC any day of the week. Hunt test's , in my opinion, better test a dog. FT are a lot like Conformation shows, in that a lot of the judges and who has influence on those Judges feed into a 1st place and 2nd and so on.... Besides, whens the last time , hunting in the swamp or goose field, you ran a blind past two people in white jackets in lawn chairs reading a newspaper?? (actual test I saw at a Licensed FT Open stake).
    You can't be serious. Field trials are about testing desire, trainability, marking, lining ability and courage to the max. There's a reason most hunt tests folks buy pups from field trial pedigrees. Most field trial dogs I know could pass upper level hunt tests with about 10 minutes of training to that end, and almost all the successful ones I know make fantastic hunting dogs.

[QUOTE=huntinman;1183576]Most ignorant post you have ever put on this board... And that's saying something....[/

Just couldn't take it anymore Bill, eh! no willpower...still think Snoopy gets my vote.
    Earl Dillow

Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    Not True.

Here is just one example of many......... FC AFC CFC CAFC GMPR MHR JAZZTIME LAST CHANCE V PEKISKO
    Touche'...but I still disagree that because a dog has HT titles and doesn't play white coat games exclusively makes him inferior.
    P.S. upon further research the most titled dog in Labrador history isn't a trial dog at all...but I guess we can't include Remi in this discussion cause she lacks the elusive "N" in her alphabet.
    Joe Overby
    Candler Creek Retrievers
    www.candlercreekretrievers.com
    GRHRCH UH "Hooch" MH (HRC 1500 pt. club)
    HRCH "Tater" MH

I vote for Lassie. Also, the old dog on Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey.
    Charlotte Kaiser: " The Problem Lies In The Talent."

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I think they are all tough.
    LOL. To steal and mangle a great John Wayne line: They are all tough and even tougher when you can't handle and your dog isn't any good

Quote Originally Posted by younggun86 View Post
    how about who in some people opions where the best in certain eras?
    I'll bite and proclaim that the best in the past couple of years is Cane and open the floor for debate.

What is the elusive "N"?
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeOverby View Post
    Touche'...but I still disagree that because a dog has HT titles and doesn't play white coat games exclusively makes him inferior.
    P.S. upon further research the most titled dog in Labrador history isn't a trial dog at all...but I guess we can't include Remi in this discussion cause she lacks the elusive "N" in her alphabet.